Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Co. Man Xmas Gift.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well I order a couple gifts for the Co. Man, Pusher and Mud Engineer here on our Rig.

1. Scott the Co. Man I got a shirt that says "Real Oil Men Eat Worms". Now that might sound werid but in the oil / gas field a "Worm" is someone brand new that does not know anything, plus Scott always calls me "Wormy" even after 2 years and 3 months, kind of a joke.

2. Mud Engineer I got a shirt that says "BadAss Oil Field Trash". He works out.

3. Tool Pusher #1 I got a hat that says "Nipple Up, Nipple Down" with a chick on it. Again this is something we do in the Oil field on the Rig.

4. Tool Pusher #2 I got a hat that says "Oilfield Outlaw". He is a big guy and looks like a outlaw.

5. I bought myself a shirt with the American Flag on it that says "Drill Baby Drill". I got that becasue Huck always says that to me.

Now here is where I need your help guys. You helped me find a Christmas gift for my daughter that I could not find so maybe I can get lucky again.

Sherm the other Co. Man is from LO and really wants this sausage from down there called "Richards Smoke Sausage", it is pronouced "Ree - Shards". If I could get a case of this for him it would make him so happy. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Just a quick FYI Boudin has a bunch of pig liver and rice in it... Many people outside La don't like it.

Can't go wrong with the Andouille.. Good stuff.

I actually had it once up here, someone brought it up from LA, I personally loved it. I have a call into him to find out which one is the one he actually likes. He uses it when make Gumbo.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I LOVE Boudin. I like that bit of irony flavor. It is just a hint of it and balances the spices nicely. I like the white version. The one I had did have heart in it also. I stayed in Metairie for about a month on a project and had it there. Boudin balls are good too. BTW Grits still suck....lmao

Dang, wrote that like a 2nd grader. I, I, I lmao

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well this is interesting..............I found out I cannot get the sausage shipped becasue it is not FDA approved and it cannot be shipped across the state line.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I LOVE Boudin. I like that bit of irony flavor. It is just a hint of it and balances the spices nicely. I like the white version. The one I had did have heart in it also. I stayed in Metairie for about a month on a project and had it there. Boudin balls are good too. BTW Grits still suck....lmao

Dang, wrote that like a 2nd grader. I, I, I lmao

Fuck you grits rock! Go eat a tater Yankee! lmao

And it's not Bellfountn', It's pronounced Bell-fou-taine; I don't care what yall think ya named it. lmao

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Grits rock! Either with butter, or sugar with a little milk...
Mush is good as Hell too..

Butter Salt and Pepper... Or mix in some scrambled eggs and crumbled sausage... TITS! Even fried fish chopped up in it with salt and pepper.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Its the texture.

Funny story. Went to Cracker Barrel the day after the first time I gave Lope shit about grits sucking. Well I ordered breakfast for dinner and it included grits. My daughter (4) wanted to try them.

Gave her a bite.....she looked at me bug eyed.....cheeks swelled....and puked! Right on the table...lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its the texture.

Funny story. Went to Cracker Barrel the day after the first time I gave Lope shit about grits sucking. Well I ordered breakfast for dinner and it included grits. My daughter (4) wanted to try them.

Gave her a bite.....she looked at me bug eyed.....cheeks swelled....and puked! Right on the table...lol

HA! That's hilarious. I puke when I eat Yankee cracker barrel grits too.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
HA! That's hilarious. I puke when I eat Yankee cracker barrel grits too.

Look I am a fat kid and I have given grits a try in GA, LA, SC, TN and OH. They all had minute flavor kinda tasteless with a hint of stalk flavor. The texture is like undercooked rice where half is blended and the other cut in half. Horrible baby food.

Damn Yankees anyhow.