Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gift Ideas for Dad

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My brother and I were planning on splitting a Remote-Control module for a MOJO duck decoy (spinning-wing decoy for waterfowl hunting) as a Christmas gift for my dad. Well a couple days ago, my dad and stepmom went shopping at Bass Pro Shops and he bought himself a Christmas gift... Yep, you guessed it... the fuggin MOJO remote! So now my brother and I don't know what to get him. The man has damn-near everything. He loves to hunt deer, waterfowl... he love to fish, he loves to ice-fish... He's basically just like all of us here at TOO, except he and computers don't get along very well. lmao

Any ideas on what I should get my pops for Christmas? Oh yea... something in the 40-60 dollar range.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Gift crtificate is what I always like..... That way he can buy anything HE likes and won't be disappointed.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Bass Pro gift cert is a no-brainer.

Do NOT get him Old Spice.

Has he mentioned anything he wants? Tools?

Ammo for whatever he shoots.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anything he has "always wanted but would never buy himself"? That is what my Dad is getting this year. I have a nice mantle piece for him. He would NEVER have bought it for himself.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bass Pro gift cert is a no-brainer.

Do NOT get him Old Spice.

Has he mentioned anything he wants? Tools?

Ammo for whatever he shoots.

That's the problem. My dad never mentions that he wants ANYTHING. He's always making it tough for us to pick something... whether it be Christmas, or his birthday, or father's day.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I figured it out! My dad loves ice fishing, and has an underwater camera, but ALWAYS has a hell of a time positioning the camera just right. It's so bad that he often-times just says fugg it and fishes without the cam. Positioning the camera isn't hard, IMO, but he's not very good at it. Hopefully this will help him out.....

[video=youtube;VNnDTQec8lQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNnDTQec8lQ[/video]