Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Urban Meyer effect

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know this was mentioned on page 5 of JJ's thread of Urban Meyer being the next head coach at OSU but just thought I'd start a new thread for US Buckeye fans. The haters can enjoy our success TOO!lol

epe mentioned this but I wanted to add some more info.

Urbans recruiting efforts not only got Tommy Schutt(Penn St. decommit), and Se'Von Pittman(Mich.ST decommit) to join the Buckeyes but has fired up the interest of highly sought after 5 star DE prospect Noah Spence out of PA to strongly consider the Buckeyes now. Word on the street via his twittering is Urban is going to his Chamionship title game this weekend and he is leaning towards becoming a Buckeye as well.

You add Adolpus Washington to the fray( 5 star DE who committed this past weekend) and this could be one hell of a defensive front 4.

Regardless if Spence commits or not the Urban Meyer factor is going to turn the worm for OSU's recruiting efforts.

If Urban can keep Brionte Dunn(5star RB) soft commit from leaving the Buckeyes will be in good shape.

I wonder how committed Kyle Kalis is at scUM? lol

GO BUCKS!

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
.......................and another thing.

NO MORE CONSERVATIVE PLAY CALLING AND A WINS A WIN ATTITUDE!!! YEA!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not to sidetrack the thread, but it is alot about recruiting, so...
I always thought it would be really cool if colleges could only recruit within their state. Then it would give each state a true identity. A true Ohio team, or Idaho, or wherever... Talk about bragging rights.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Not to sidetrack the thread, but it is alot about recruiting, so...
I always thought it would be really cool if colleges could only recruit within their state. Then it would give each state a true identity. A true Ohio team, or Idaho, or wherever... Talk about bragging rights.

Yeah but then you have teams in California,Florida and Texas who have multiple big time programs.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm happy for you guys and even more happy for Michigan. Let's get the rivalry back to where it should be. No more decades of dominance...unless it's Michigan. :smiley_coolpeace:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
This is huge! Both Ball and Dunn will score alot of TD's!

GO BUCKS
Ehh, unless is goaline I doubt it. If you've ever watched any of Urban's teams you'd notice the smaller track guys like Percy Harvin and jeffrey Demps and Chris Rainey type backs who are alot smaller than Ball/ Dunn. Personally I ccould see Ball doing decent but Dunn I'm not sure about.

As far as Urban goes, last time I checked, Michigan beat him when he was at BG, Utah and Florida. Should be a great rivalry

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If Urban were to lock down one 5 star they would break the top ten probably.

Not crapping on your thread we just don't have another one. Looks like Michigan is going to be set for a line and front seven on D for a couple years after the last two years of recruiting. Now if we could get better than 3 star DB's....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Also they have Josh Perry as a four star. I don't know what they are seeing??? I watched him play three times and he was less than great. You know how you can watch someone who is great or has that potential? He never had it in my eyes. Big Walnut made him look average at best. Other teams he looked ok. Maybe it is just his size? I am anxious to see what develops with him.