Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gonna be away mostly for awhile

saddlepants

central Ohio
As much as I enjoy this forum Im gonna have to stop being on here so much for awhile. But Ill lurk once in awhile. Just as I suspected it has become an issue with my husband. He wont say it out loud but it comes back to haunt me in nearly any disagreement. It seems I cannot ever totally be myself and make a man happy. Im a tomboy and get along best just hangin with the guys but that doesn't work very well for me. Long story, I don't have time for here, but don't blame him for being a jealous guy. Most guys are like that to some extent. With the texting with my teammates added, its just not making for a fun holiday. I sorta knew this might happen so I shoulda known better. Gonna take some time away mostly just to see what happens. I will still be at the summer event at Cardinal and still be around, just not as much. Its been a stressful season with my mom being here and many hours spent sitting in the woods accomplishing nothing and him not working. Maybe one day he will grow to see how much I love him that no one else matters more in the world and that Im really not having as much fun in life unless he is there beside me and then things like this wont become an issue. I dont need anymore drama in my life. We've only been married since Aug and its way too soon to have him feeling otherwise.

epe

Lancaster
Sorry to hear that. I was in a relationship for ten years with jealousy issues on her part, and I had to make sacrifices. It is a good thing that you care enough to try and fix things for him. But remember, you only do this once. You have to be able to do what you like to do, or you will resent him, and that never helps in a relationship. Good luck!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Thanks Eric. Its really a small sacrifice compared to all the other things I do for fun and its just not worth the petty arguments at all. Ill be around. But No texting, lol. I Think it was the hunting texts that got to him. He doesnt snoop by any means but when he saw during the online bill pay that I was texting a few of you during my hunt sits more than I texted him ...it got him worried. Again , there is a long long story behind that from before we were married...and If I were in his shoes I might be nervous as well. He will "get it" eventually. Sometimes its just difficult being a girl in a predominantly guys sport...and I warned him it wouldnt be easy for him ,lol!! Hey at least I know he woulnt ever try to hurt me physically - he has a good heart but he has never learned good things about trust in his life (from the world, not me). Ive known him since he was 12, but there was 28 years in between we lived without knowing each other and life was really hard on him - Ive had my share but he got more . Im just nipping things in the bud before they get out of control here.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Sorry to hear the news SP, you will be missed, that is for sure. Hope everything works out, hope you and your husband have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Gotta have your priorities and sounds lime a good plan too keep the peace.... good luck.... and merry Christmas too you both....

epe

Lancaster
The key sp, in whatever you do, is be up front, don't hide anything, that is what gets to most people. If you start posting on here again, leave it up, let him read what you post.. Hopefully some of the guys on here posting shit that they wouldn't want a guy saying to their woman, don't throw out those comments anymore... I can understand the texting thing.. Good luck!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
We will miss ya SP. If you need any bow work done just stop in and send me a PM. Too bad you cant get him to join and get to know us better...he may be more comfortable with us all.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Stinks you gotta go, but you don't wanna put strain on your relationship. I wish you the best,.and hope you eventually return. It's been a joy having you around.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks Eric. Its really a small sacrifice compared to all the other things I do for fun and its just not worth the petty arguments at all. Ill be around. But No texting, lol. I Think it was the hunting texts that got to him. He doesnt snoop by any means but when he saw during the online bill pay that I was texting a few of you during my hunt sits more than I texted him ...it got him worried. Again , there is a long long story behind that from before we were married...and If I were in his shoes I might be nervous as well. He will "get it" eventually. Sometimes its just difficult being a girl in a predominantly guys sport...and I warned him it wouldnt be easy for him ,lol!! Hey at least I know he woulnt ever try to hurt me physically - he has a good heart but he has never learned good things about trust in his life (from the world, not me). Ive known him since he was 12, but there was 28 years in between we lived without knowing each other and life was really hard on him - Ive had my share but he got more . Im just nipping things in the bud before they get out of control here.

Sucks to hear that SP. IMHO, that is a little childish from a full grown man. If he loves you and trusts you, then something like this site and those texts should never be an issue IMO. I used to be a super jealous/over protective kind of guy, so I do understand, but only slightly. In the 9 years I've been with my wife (2.5 of marriage) I learned what it was like to be loved/trusted and it helped me to do the same. Tracie went to Jamboree in the Hills without me this year. That wouldn't be possible if I was threatened by innocence deer chatter. Just my two cents on the whole thing...

We'll miss having you around. It has been nice having a female perspective around this place!!! Good news is, this group ain't headed any where, so we'll leave the light on for you! :smiley_coolpeace:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
What the heck......are you and Uglycat going on a long vacation together or what?:smiley_crocodile:

Sorry to hear this SP, like Milo said, you should try and get him to join Too and he would be a lot more at ease.

epe

Lancaster
What the heck......are you and Uglycat going on a long vacation together or what?:smiley_crocodile:

Sorry to hear this SP, like Milo said, you should try and get him to join Too and he would be a lot more at ease.

There are a couple guys on here that would love to take care of his manscaping..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
SP you are such a dude. :) Don't think you're alone though.. I bet 99% of the guys wives here give them shit about being on "that website" all the time.... We've all been there. Enjoy some time together, make him feel special again.. If that doesn't work then give him a tampon and tell him to hush. lol.... C-ya around girl.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
SP you are such a dude. :) Don't think you're alone though.. I bet 99% of the guys wives here give them shit about being on "that website" all the time.... We've all been there. Enjoy some time together, make him feel special again.. If that doesn't work then give him a tampon and tell him to hush. lol.... C-ya around girl.

Jackalope makes an excellent point. My wife is jealous of the guys on here too. Or is it of the time spent on TOO? Well, whichever it is, I think Joe made a great point. Can't blame him, but I respect you a lot for your decision to step back away from TOO as an attempt to take care of the marriage first. Priorities sound like they are in the right order. My wife and I view trust as the number one ingredient in a marriage. If he is feeling a little slighted or not trusting you being on here, then by making sure you are taking care of the situation should be a pretty big statement for him. I know you fit in around here just like one of the guys and that you really seemed to enjoy the site.

Don't be a stranger now and tell the hubby he should join as well. Nothing to hide around here. Have a Merry Christmas! We will continue to think about you and your mother through the holidays. Hopefully her health will improve!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this SP. Like the others have said, we'll be right here. My wife had the same issues but we cleared it up by me being on this site when we're not together or it's getting in the way of me getting stuff done around the house.lol

I better get to work on the freezer in our garage and get that bottom shelf put back on before she gets home..........yikes!lol

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your family.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Sorry to hear its a issue but you have to look out for the people under your roof first.
When you get things in order, this place will be here.

Wishing you a safe holiday.