Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

UPDATE..CS-thread...Why-Elite-will-have-me-an-my-buddies-Business-forever!!Part II

I forgot to update about this..The original story/thread is below in the link..Sorry the pics are deleted now..Everyone that saw the old pic of the jacked up powder coated riser all agree..It was FUBAR..Elite went above an beyond by OFFERING to strip an re-do the riser or replace it..After weeks of trying to get it right..They sent a new riser(2010 model)..Her she is!!Check out the custom Bow pod kickstand..(thats how we roll)

/[/URLhttp://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?4175-CS-thread...Why-Elite-will-have-me-an-my-buddies-Business-forever!!&highlight=elite]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Actually some awful business called Hickslawns took it from us last year, he's doing great on it though haha lmao

Looks great btw OMO! Is that snow camo?

I kinda doubt that. I heard that guy is semi-retired. Old fart. He doesn't even mow his own lawn. :smiley_crocodile:

By semi-retired I mean, it is hunting season. Not driving 3-4hrs to mow anything. Especially OMO's lawn. He said he never pays full retail. I am not interested in working at a discounted rate. I will just stay home and scratch my balls.

Huckleberry Finn

I kinda doubt that. I heard that guy is semi-retired. Old fart. He doesn't even mow his own lawn. :smiley_crocodile:

By semi-retired I mean, it is hunting season. Not driving 3-4hrs to mow anything. Especially OMO's lawn. He said he never pays full retail. I am not interested in working at a discounted rate. I will just stay home and scratch my balls.

Dang! Big change for you Phil, thought it was picking lint out of your belly button?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang! Big change for you Phil, thought it was picking lint out of your belly button?

I mix it up. Ever had a sore belly button? Sometimes I sit around and pick toe jam out too. You know how it is. Gotta pick a different gross thing every time I make something like this up. Next time it might be "draining my boils" even though I have none I am aware of. lol

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
That bow is sexy!! love the snow camo with the black riser! Glad they hooked you up. They are a solid company despite all the crap thats been going on.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They have been top notch and above from what I have seen. I would buy one without thinkin twice. The only negative I have heard about Elite is some of the bows need the rest shimmed which is a design flaw but fixable. I see they sell them on their site....they should be free no questions asked with the warranty implied.

Saw a new Mathews the other day with twisted limbs...it was bad. Waiting to see what Mathews says to my buddy about it. Heli-M is thr name of it I believe. Short ata bow.

They have been top notch and above from what I have seen. I would buy one without thinkin twice. The only negative I have heard about Elite is some of the bows need the rest shimmed which is a design flaw but fixable. I see they sell them on their site....they should be free no questions asked with the warranty implied.

Saw a new Mathews the other day with twisted limbs...it was bad. Waiting to see what Mathews says to my buddy about it. Heli-M is thr name of it I believe. Short ata bow.
I think you mean the cam shim/spacer kit??....I have heard ONE person say they had to pay for the kit 15$(not sure if there was truth to it or not).
The fellow could not get broadheads an field tips to group together at all..He also admitted he was new to binary cams an tuning..He was trying to get a 400 spine arrow with 100grain up front to tune at 65lb an 31in DL.The DL alone tells me there is no way he could get the shaft short enough as it needed to be with that spine..Weak spine alone would cause issues I would think.He was using a drop away tied in so sometimes you have to check timing after(i would)..In my experience binary can be tricky at first an alot of them(not all) like a lil stiffer spine to broadhead tune ..Maybe milo can concur with me on that .But anyone else I heard of has got the kit free an Elite installed an tuned at factory for free..If a company is going to take a bow with a bad powder coat job some billy bob did an offer to fix it/give you a new riser..Its to believe that same company would charge you to fix something small like a few spacers.... Alot of Elite guys franken bow there rigs..So I could see the point of selling a skim kit(its really just spacers of diff sizes)..I honestly feel it has to do with the barns-dale limbs..There very very durable an hand sanded etc...But it would appear there slightly inconsistent when it comes mounting the cams...Meaning all the bows are coming from the factory with the same size spacers..An it might be a issue if the spacers needed to be different here an there to be truly 100% in spec, on a bow by bow basis of ...This is something they should not make it past QC..

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
All I know is a lot needed the cam shim....don't ask me where rest came in besides they couldn't movd the rest far enough. I am a little slow today. IMHO no bow should leave if that has been an issue without being checked.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
its not a design flaw i can tell you that much. its the nature of the system. 2 wheels on seperate bending system....its gonna have its own issues. split limbs may help the situation but i don't see them doing that. its a very good system regardless. barnsdale limbs are the best period.