Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 Legged Doe

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've got pic's of 3 legged doe before but it was usually looks like it was caused by an accident or a hunter. This one looks pretty healthy for being on 3 legs. Looks clean like from birth or something.

cdy00004.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sort of looks to me like she has all four legs... That back right leg looks like it's just tucked up toward her ass, like she's taking a high step... and the bottom half of the leg blends in with the other due to the IR blur. Any other pics?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I thought the exact same JB, it looks like she's in the process of picking that leg up. If you really look you can kinda see the blur of the rest of the leg.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I see what your saying.....I blew it up as big as I could without blurring it....I can't find it. I'm going back there and try to let the air out of her and we'll figure it out!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
At first glance it does look like she might have just 3legs Rick but after hearing what JB and MH said I went back and looked again. If you look half way up the other rear leg it looks like you can see the hoof of the blurry hidden leg. Follow it on up and it looks like her leg is cocked and ready to be put back down. That might be the reason it's blurry to begin with. Thick neck for a doe TOO.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I see 3 legged deers!!! :smiley_clap:

There was a three legged doe that lived on my grandmothers farm when I was younger. I believe we saw her with twin fawns 5-6 years in a row. She was off limits to everyone and as far as I know, she died of old age...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I have seen a handful of three legged deer over the yrs. I guess it jus reinforces that they are tough critters I shot a 5x3 some yrs ago that was missing a back hoof just above the dewclaws AI remember my dad shooting a 3 legged doe that had 2 young ones about 15 yrs ago.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
It's just amazing the will to live these animals have....I am going to watch the camera for further info on her. Thanks Guys for helping me realize that if it really is a 3 legged doe and is that healthy ~~ She needs a Free Pass as she is a true survivor.