Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Foodplot Tractor

Huckleberry Finn

Someone tipped me off to this video and it brought up a lot of good memories working on a produce farm. I figured that very few people have ever seen a Model G and that someone might enjoy this.

[video=youtube;cokxLM1L1Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cokxLM1L1Xk&feature=related[/video]

It also would be an ideal machine for putting in food plots - small, easy to maneuver, a zillion attachments, etc.

They go for about $3500 now a days. I have ran an older one and know a guy that as a restore '58 I believe. I just need a rich uncle to buy one and keep it in his barn until I can buy one someday...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well that was cool. Kinda sounded like Paul Harvey... "And now you know the rest of the story.. Good Day."

Huckleberry Finn

Nothing like having nothing in front of you...if you pop the clutch you do a wheelie! Those ole gals can go too, pretty quick tractors.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
How many did they make?
I'd never seen one.
Did look kinda peppy going down the field.lol

Now ask me about a 8N or a 9N. They're everywhere.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Thanks for posting that Steve. We had a "G" when I was a kid, it was one with hydraulics. Yep I spent a little time on it.

It was replaced with a John Blue G1000, it's parked in the back of the barn wait to be restored someday.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like a 2N, 8N, or 9N from here.

I am thinking the same thing Buckmaster.

I am also thinking fredt has some newer tires on the back of that tractor. I like the wheel weights added as well. Don't see that too often around here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah, the more I looked at it, I thought 8N. But I ran out of reception to renege on my first guess! The fenders are cut wrong to be a 600.