Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BEER Thread

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
So who enjoys a good brew. What are you drinking right now? Are you a domestic or import type of guy?

I've got a good selection right now including Sam Adams Winter Collection, Leinenkugel's Winter Collection, a bunch of Great Lakes Christmas Ale, and a good collection of eastern European beers from Ukraine, Poland and Russia. My favorite type of beer is Porter.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I like all kinds of beer from Busch heavy to Sam Adams to Yuengling. Last weekend, I tied on a good buzz with Sam Adams Boston Lager and Winter Lager, Corona, Mich Ultra, and Yuengling. I love seasonal beers with Blue Moon Summer Honey and Sam Adams Oktoberfest being my favorites. As long as its not a dark beer, I'll drink it...

Huckleberry Finn

Depends on the occasion...

Yungling is probably my top. Blue Moon is a favorite (loved their summer wheat too) and Shocktop Raspberry Wheat is a favorite. Then there's Bud Light if there's gonna be a lot drank, Coors lite, Corona if it's the summer, etc

And you can't forget Honey Brown (thanks to Swantucky) or Killian's.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Yuenglings for me is tops, with Sam Adams a close second. Don't drink very often, so I don't have a lot of experience with different beers. I do want to try the seasonal beers that Sam has though.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Bells's Oberon is a favorite, but hard to get ahold of. I really like Landshark. Yuengling is good, but it's driving me nuts how evryone now just brags the shit out of it like it's always been their favorite. Just not the worldbeater it's bragged up to be. Boston Lager is another fav, with Octoberfest being right up there TOO

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
My Favorite is the Coors Light....Bud Light is good....Tried Yuengling the other night...It's pretty good.
My all time favorite though is shots of Black Velvet while drinking a Root Beer.... Sounds nasty but Root Beer chaser will mellow out any liquor.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pretty much the only beer I don't like is Miller Lite... That shit gives me an instant headache for some reason. Right now I'm stocked up on Yuengling lager. I like all of the Sam Adams beers but Oktoberfest is my favorite of theirs. The Great Lakes beers are really good, too. Oh and Smithwicks... that is some goooooood beer there. In the summer time I like to drink Dos Equis every now and then. Oh, another beer I can't stand is that Bud Light Lime bullshit... tastes like Fruity Pebbles if you ask me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Guys, do yourself a favor and go get a bottle of Chimay Red.. Its in a bottle about the size of a wine bottle. Or in a regular 6 pack... Best damn beer I've ever tried.

loose_is_fast

McClure
im with JB on the miller lite headach but i love me some dos equis, rolling rock and landshark .I won't turn down anything but miller lite.My brother in law and i like to try the odd beers when we go to nice restaurants just to try everything possible.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Coors light is the standard but is getting replaced by Yuengling Light. I prefer lighter beers. I want a beer to be refreshing. Bourbon, whiskey, etc are for feeling good.

My current favorites minus the wild blue thats not really beer.

My favorite beer would be either a dark ale or a porter but I enjoy a flavorful stout from time to time.Yuengling is good and Shinerbock from Texas is also good. If you every come to Org or WA shame on you if you dont have a few good beers. Sam Adams cant compete with anything Henry Weinard or Red Hook brews.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Oh, another beer I can't stand is that Bud Light Lime bullshit... tastes like Fruity Pebbles if you ask me. :tantrum:

That's Funny!
rotflmaorotflmaorotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My current favorites minus the wild blue thats not really beer.

My favorite beer would be either a dark ale or a porter but I enjoy a flavorful stout from time to time.Yuengling is good and Shinerbock from Texas is also good. If you every come to Org or WA shame on you if you dont have a few good beers. Sam Adams cant compete with anything Henry Weinard or Red Hook brews.

Spent a month out there right after 9/11 on alert we were restricted too base but not from beer had a lot of the beers in your picture and most of them were pretty good... but can't get them back here lol...... Enjoy your beer drinking adventure while you're there lol.....