Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrows anyone?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Anyone wanting to try some new arrows? I am going to order some for my new rig and wanted to try Harvest Time arrows. Skeeter Creek is now carrying them.

http://www.harvesttimearchery.com/carbon-arrows/

I want to see if anyone wanted to share a dozen (6 each) of a couple different types of arrows. No big deal but I thought that if anyone was thinking of trying them we wouldn't have to spend as much to experiment.

I am going to be buying 350 spine arrows. For hunting shafts I was going to order the HT-2 with .001 or .003 straightness. Or get the Eco - 2's which are the less expensive. We can talk that one out but I really don't care. I expect my hunting arrows to get broken anyways so why not get the less expensive ones if they fly good... But I would have no problem getting the HT-2's instead.

For target/3D I was wanting to try the HT-4's. 350 spine again with .001 straightness.

If anyone is contemplating trying some of these just let me know and we can share the cost. Again just let me know and I will get pricing. One person could want the target and one the hunting...no problem.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Can't wait to see what you think of them. I have my thoughts but being they are my first set of carbons ever (HT-2's) I will let you know what I think of them after you try them out.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Everyone I have talk to and read on have liked them. Well, except the fanbois of others brands. I have shot Carbon Express, Gold Tip, Carbon Impact and ACC's. They were all pretty good but some REALLY lacked in spine consistency.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Everyone I have talk to and read on have liked them. Well, except the fanbois of others brands. I have shot Carbon Express, Gold Tip, Carbon Impact and ACC's. They were all pretty good but some REALLY lacked in spine consistency.

I haven't had any issue with the flight on the HT-2's but my issue was with how easy they are to crack. I missed a target bag at 25 yards when I first got my bow and I was trying out Fluteman's release. The arrow did nothing more then nose dive and snag in the grass do to the fact I wasn't even at half draw when I hit the trigger on the release. There was NO marks in the dirt at all. I picked up the arrow and did the slight flex and heard it cracking. I now have an HT-2 sitting here in the livingroom that I will not shoot in fear of it splintering when shot.

Could have been just me since as stated before this being the first set of carbons I have ever had so that's why I want your opinions on them.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I haven't had any issue with the flight on the HT-2's but my issue was with how easy they are to crack. I missed a target bag at 25 yards when I first got my bow and I was trying out Fluteman's release. The arrow did nothing more then nose dive and snag in the grass do to the fact I wasn't even at half draw when I hit the trigger on the release. There was NO marks in the dirt at all. I picked up the arrow and did the slight flex and heard it cracking. I now have an HT-2 sitting here in the livingroom that I will not shoot in fear of it splintering when shot.

Could have been just me since as stated before this being the first set of carbons I have ever had so that's why I want your opinions on them.

All it takes is hitting the wrong thing/way and they are done no matter the brand. How did they hold up slapping/hitting during practice?

I have broken many including a few of all of the above. If one out of a dozen die during a season of practice/hunting I am a happy camper.

I have had Great luck with Gold tips durability XT an Pro hunter..But I am wanting something lighter and very few companies seem to make it...Does skeeter creek use a RAM spine tester on any shafts purchased?Im getting tired or using paper an the bath tub to find/test spine..I have heard very little negative about the HT arrows

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
All it takes is hitting the wrong thing/way and they are done no matter the brand. How did they hold up slapping/hitting during practice?

I have broken many including a few of all of the above. If one out of a dozen die during a season of practice/hunting I am a happy camper.

Never an issue with them on the bags or even the 3-D range down at Cardinal. Matter of fact I know my HT-2 smacked Dante's arrow on a couple of those 3D's and my arrow was just fine.

I think they have a spine tester.
Decent rate on shipping?Do they carry victory HV or Carbon tech cheetahs..Im willing to pay a few more bucks then others places charge for shafts..If I get the benefit of spine tested/checked an marked,maybe cut at both ends as well..?Do they carry victory HV or Carbon tech cheetahs..I just get sick of putting in the work to check them sometimes with the less advanced methods...Plus I have yet to have a batch that have been put on a actual tester..Usually I will float them( i know who does that anymore right?)..Or I will shoot them all through paper at varying distances an turn nocks till they tear the same...A bit anal retentive for a guy that never kills anything an doesn't compete.But I guess its just my nature

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Decent rate on shipping?Do they carry victory HV or Carbon tech cheetahs..Im willing to pay a few more bucks then others places charge for shafts..If I get the benefit of spine tested/checked an marked,maybe cut at both ends as well..?Do they carry victory HV or Carbon tech cheetahs..I just get sick of putting in the work to check them sometimes with the less advanced methods...Plus I have yet to have a batch that have been put on a actual tester..Usually I will float them( i know who does that anymore right?)..Or I will shoot them all through paper at varying distances an turn nocks till they tear the same...A bit anal retentive for a guy that never kills anything an doesn't compete.But I guess its just my nature
im sure they are in line with other places plus they are in ohio. i will check on what they carry and get back with you if your not interested in Beentown's proposal but i generally find that the focus on precision should generally be put in places that make a bigger impact than some of the items you mentioned.

. i will check on what they carry and get back with you but i generally find that the focus on precision should generally be put in places that make a bigger impact than some of the items you mentioned.
Thanks let me know...Im just a firm believer in cover all the base's,leave nothing to chance,if your going to do it, do it right etc etc..I feel a properly matched an built arrow is crucial in helping long range accuracy . .To each there own though

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You may want to try 'em. I've never spined tested 'em, and they admittedly aren't very straight relative to more expensive shafts, but somehow they hit where they are aimed and I can't seem to break 'em.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never tried any HT arrows, yet. How are they in comparison to Eastons? Are they quite a bit cheaper? I'm just wondering because I've had great luck with Easton so far and I really don't have a reason (that I know of) to switch brands. I'll probably be looking for new arrows in the future... but not until spring or summer.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Here is some info about HT arrows in the thread. Many, many guys have been testing these for consistency and they haven't seen anything like them especially considering price and options.

Available in many spine wieghts and straigtness. I have some HT-2's on the way and trying to decide between the 3's or 4's for 3D/paper. Man I wish we had a spot league close.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1639793&p=1062761690#post1062761690

Huckleberry Finn

Beener I think these are the ones I have...you'd have to ask the man that built them for me though...I can't tell and am not going to trudge out to my truck to check. I cannot say enough for heavy arrows though.