Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So Whatt Would Do?

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
So what would you do?????? Got a call from the boss about Christmas and he asked me if I wanted to be home, now If I don't go this will be 3 years I have been on the Rig working Christmas day as well as every other major Holiday other then this past Thanksgiving due to a Rig move. When I was home for the Rig move I visited my daughter, gave her the Xmas gifts because I figured I would be working. So I could go home but there are other guys down here that have a wife, girlfriend, children they could be home with. I guess I will take it in the ass and let others enjoy the hoildays and I will sit here with Rough Necks aand just suck it up. fugggggggg.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you sit at the rig and you have a choice not to then you either have a huge heart or a small brain. Sorry Rdude. Not trying to fire you up. I would lean towards huge heart is what you have.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Ya. Holidays kinda suck right now for us but, I gotta say that your passing up a mgr. holiday when he offered it is not "taking it in the ass" ... in fact, last year you passed up the same offer at x-mas from the same boss so I could be home.
You did it for me because I still had wife and 2 daughters at home. Damn...

I would assume that someone else in our company this year will get to be home with a wife and children because you chose to work. Your doing a Good Thing here. Don't twist it.
Damn.

Last edited:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
If you sit at the rig and you have a choice not to then you either have a huge heart or a small brain. Sorry Rdude. Not trying to fire you up. I would lean towards huge heart is what you have.

Aaaaaaaaaaaa Huge heart that cares more about others then I care about me. My brain is fine, I just want to make others happy TOO my expenise, and I am the one that suffers, but if it makes other happy I am happy.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
You're a great guy RD, if only more people had your state of mind. What goes aound comes around man, in a good way in your case. Your a great dude! :smiley_coolpeace:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Ya. Holidays kinda suck right now for us but, I gotta say that your passing up a mgr. holiday when he offered it is not "taking it in the ass" ... in fact, last year you passed up the same offer at x-mas from the same boss so I could be home.
You did it for me because I still had wife and 2 daughters at home. Damn...

I would assume that someone else in our company this year will get to be home with a wife and children because you chose to work. Your doing a Good Thing here. Don't forget that.
Damn.

Thanks Bro, love ya man.. Just a hard time of the year with losing our loved ones. Guess with my life and all the up's and downs I hope with me giving something up for someone else I will be rewarded in heaven or at least meet a smooking hot chick someday. To be serious, I hope what I give up will make someone elses day special. I miss ya Dad, I love ya with all my heart. I love my daugher Vanessa, MOM, Bro, Shea and Shawn. God I sound like a Sap!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
My wife is an RN so over the years she has very often had to work Christmas day, but when she did that we did have Christmas Eve together. What you are talking about is the a much bigger deal. It speaks volumes about you that you do this for your co-workers.

tuffshot

The Crew
RD,

Personally I would go home.
Remember when you were younger and the older guys got their time off. Now that you are in their position you have earned the right.
In time the younger ones will understand. Your family is just as important as theirs is.
I found out a long time ago the favor you do today becomes an expectation in the future.
This is not to sound bitter but part of reality, I am sure you have already faced this type of situation before.

saddlepants

central Ohio
After three - I would probably go home for one. Yes its a great thing your doing but then again I would ask if there is someone who WANTS to work Christmas maybe for the extra money or the simple fact that they dont choose to celebrate Christmas. There are allot of those kind out there.