Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Putting in the Time

Big H

Medina
Pretty proud of my 15 year old daughter's persistance this year. She has logged a bunch of hours in the stand, giving up stuff with her friends on the weekends to hunt with me. This will be her 3rd night in a row sitting in the stand after school with the crossbow. One of the shooter bucks that disappeared off the game camera showed back up this morning at 6:30, so I am hoping he comes in tonight. She has 9 does in on Wed. and 5 does last night.

Big H

Medina
Here is #2 on her Hit list. He is the one that showed back up this am.

Attachments

• MC 2011 8 point.jpg
    MC 2011 8 point.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 194

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang... If that's what #2 looks like, #1 must be an absolute monster!

That's really cool that your daughter expresses so much interest in deerhunting, Ron. You must be a pretty proud poppa.

Big H

Medina
Oh well, she got busted! LOL, the deer were coming in from behind her and she just had to look around the tree. One of them saw her move. Four does and a nice buck, she wasn't sure which one, but she said he was a shooter. She said one snort and they all left. Hopefully she got busted by one of the does and not the buck. The way this stand is set up, she can't shoot anyhow until they are almost in front of you. Another lesson learned............

Last edited:

Big H

Medina
Dang... If that's what #2 looks like, #1 must be an absolute monster!

That's really cool that your daughter expresses so much interest in deerhunting, Ron. You must be a pretty proud poppa.

Thanks JB, proud of her for a lot more reasons than deerhunting though.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nice Buck Ron...I sure hope she gets one of them. Putting in the time and sticking it out will bless her in the end....Good Luck To You And Her!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's awesome to hear that she's still hunting hard, especially at 15. Sorry to hear that she got busted but hopefully she'll get another crack at him later. Great to hear you both hunting together. Thanks for sharing!

Big H

Medina
Well, she had some exams last week, but is back in the stand tonight. She told me today that this is her 23rd hunt this year. I didn't realize it had been that many times.

Last edited:

Big H

Medina
Well she had the buck I posted the pic of at about 15 yards (he actually came in twice) and he was facing her. She didn't like the angle even though she had the crossbow on him, so she decided to pass.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well she had the buck I posted the pic of at about 15 yards (he actually came in twice) and he was facing her. She didn't like the angle even though she had the crossbow on him, so she decided to pass.

Great patience for sure..that would be hard to pass, especially this late in the season! Hope she gets another shot at him!