Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ghillie suit article

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Check it out in NAW. It's by a guy named Marc Anthony. He's got some great tips and I'm kinda thinking about getting one to expand my hunting options.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Diane bought one this year as she prefers to hunt from the ground....and my first thought was "Whatever"....She said it worked fairly well. Hers is a one-piece ordeal and can also be used for a blind.....ZJ and I draped it over some branches to help hide us and the buck came right in.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mark Anthony is the master of ground hunting. It seems like anytime you read an article specifically about hunting them from the ground his name comes up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They hold smoke real well too. :smiley_coolpeace:

They are also very flammable! A buddy of some of ours caught his on fire with his smoker one year. He's the kind of dude that that kind of shit would happen to!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I just read that during my morning "conference call" this morning. Damn good read. Like Ric, I have thought about getting one of these myself to use with my recurve. I might just add that to my Christmas list!!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I have used one before, It worked very well. A new one is on my list to get, I quit using the one i had because it was too heavy made it myself it felt like it was a 100 #

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
They are also very flammable! A buddy of some of ours caught his on fire with his smoker one year. He's the kind of dude that that kind of shit would happen to!!! :smiley_crocodile:

I just read that during my morning "conference call" this morning. Damn good read. Like Ric, I have thought about getting one of these myself to use with my recurve. I might just add that to my Christmas list!!!

Jesse, mine is made out of a non-flammable synthetic yarn material.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If I knew where to find the link I'd post it! It was a really good article. I went to the NAW website and tried looking for it but mostly found articles of monster bucks taken this year. I'll keep looking though.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Diane and I talked a little more about her Ghillie Suit. She says the deer look at you for just a split second compared to normal. She is very impressed as it hides her well and gets her out of the blind. The suit does not rob daylight from your hunt compared to the dark blinds. Plus your sight radius increases dramaticly....Says if she thought she'd be hunting in the snow much, she'd go ahead and get the snow camo suit cause it's just that good!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here are a few pics if mine. I embellished mine with fabric leaves and burlap from the craft store. It breaks you up even more. I use it less now that I have a climber.

This is my snow camo. $19 Swedish snow coverups and patterned by me.
HPIM1990.jpgHPIM1992.jpg

Derek j

Knox Co.
That's what I want for hunting geese in the snow . I have been looking at those Swedish suits or cabelas version. That would be tits to kill birds with!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I would like to have a snow suit also, but just as I think that I am going to get one I think how much do I really hunt in the snow.