Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ducks Feeding in Standing Corn... Great Footage

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Field Hudnall is probably one of the best, if not the best, editors and videographers in the waterfowl industry... So whenever he shares a video on youtube, I make damn sure to watch it.

This is some amazing footage right here. Watch it until the very end. He introduces a very interesting theory about the sense of smell in waterfowl. May be another test for the ScentSmoker.... :smiley_chinrub:

[video=youtube;KRS2-aIPP_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS2-aIPP_w[/video]

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
He has some great videos. Very explained throughout as far as whats happening and why. I am getting the hang of that Field Proven call I bought now FYI.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He has some great videos. Very explained throughout as far as whats happening and why. I am getting the hang of that Field Proven call I bought now FYI.

Nice dude! I was eyeing up one of the shot caller single reed duck calls he sells too!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I enjoyed watching that, pretty neat how close he got and how he noticed the ducks downwind of him busted. Thanks for sharing JB!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good watch. He just seems like a cool dude to hunt with...

He's great. He and his brother Clay are both stand-up guys. The very first time I went to Zink's shop up in PC, Field and Clay invited me back and gave me a personal tour of the facility... everything from showing me their hunting gear, to showing me how they make and tune the calls, to showing me their editing room. It was awesome. For a hunting "celebrity" to treat a complete stranger just like another one of his friends and give me a tour... I was pretty shocked. IMO, Zink Calls hasn't been the same ever since the Hudnalls took off on their own.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He's great. He and his brother Clay are both stand-up guys. The very first time I went to Zink's shop up in PC, Field and Clay invited me back and gave me a personal tour of the facility... everything from showing me their hunting gear, to showing me how they make and tune the calls, to showing me their editing room. It was awesome. For a hunting "celebrity" to treat a complete stranger just like another one of his friends and give me a tour... I was pretty shocked. IMO, Zink Calls hasn't been the same ever since the Hudnalls took off on their own.

Good to hear. I have been looking at a couple of new calls. I might have to go the Field Proven route now...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good to hear. I have been looking at a couple of new calls. I might have to go the Field Proven route now...

I've not yet tried one of the FP duck calls, but Jake just bought a short-reed goose call from them and it sounds pretty good. My Zink PH-2 is a decent double-reed call... and being a poly call, it's a pretty good buy. I think my next new duck call will be another Echo.

He is a very personal guy, we emailed each other back and forth a few years back when I was on a pro-staff for an outdoor show. We were looking for a product sponsor for some waterfowling needs. We were primarily deer and turkey, but I did a great deal of waterfowling and had already used zink calls, GHG decoys and Avery blinds and bags and was looking to get some more products to expand the show's dimensions. He put me in touch with the right people but it was Fred's wife Dawn that we had to go through and needless to say she was very hard to work with. It wasn't a few months after that Field left Zink and Clay soon followed. I can't say I blame them. The 2 or 3 videos that Field produced for them was awesome and actually very informational. They've never been the same.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He is a very personal guy, we emailed each other back and forth a few years back when I was on a pro-staff for an outdoor show. We were looking for a product sponsor for some waterfowling needs. We were primarily deer and turkey, but I did a great deal of waterfowling and had already used zink calls, GHG decoys and Avery blinds and bags and was looking to get some more products to expand the show's dimensions. He put me in touch with the right people but it was Fred's wife Dawn that we had to go through and needless to say she was very hard to work with. It wasn't a few months after that Field left Zink and Clay soon followed. I can't say I blame them. The 2 or 3 videos that Field produced for them was awesome and actually very informational. They've never been the same.

I couldn't agree more, dude. The videos they put out now are decent, but in comparison to Field's stuff it's a night and day difference.

I only spoke with Dawn a time or two... She always seemed pretty nice. Then again, I don't remember a word she said... as I was completely mesmorized by her great rack. lmao