Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NEw tresstand back pack. thought it was pretty cool.

Milo

Tatonka guide.

http://www.gameplangear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=21&idcategory=11

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just hang it on the backside of the tree or low enough so's you can shoot over it if a shooter walks through in that direction.lol

Pretty neat Milo! What's it cost?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i think its like 75 bucks. I need to bounce some ideas off the owner....he seems to have a good mind for it. wish it was waterprooof.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is pretty sweet!
I sent him an email to try and coax him into joining TOO. I haven't seen him in about a year now. He's a busy man. Hopefully he joins up. I see that he changed his address from Boardman, Ohio to Iowa. I wasn't aware of the move. hopefully his business is taking off a little more.

Kind of sad... I used to see him on a regular basis, but his business endeavors have given him a ton of opportunities to travel and now move (I guess). Good for him. Good dude and the kind you root for.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Cotty i would love to bounce some ideas off him if you ever get a hold of him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can only speak for the Bowbag I used this year. (Might not have used the right name.) I have used it all season and it has been great. I carry a ton of stuff in there and it protects my bow on the way to or from the stand in the dark. I am very satisfied with it. I am sure their other products are nice too.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've got the TTS, BowBat, Spot'n'Stalk, and the Sight Skin. They make great products, have great customer service, and listen to what hunters want in a pack. We have spoken with the owner several times at the Expos, and he is a very down to earth person, and seems to really enjoy talking with people. I'd like to pick up the Leech soon and the Over and Under pack.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've got the TTS, BowBat, Spot'n'Stalk, and the Sight Skin. They make great products, have great customer service, and listen to what hunters want in a pack. We have spoken with the owner several times at the Expos, and he is a very down to earth person, and seems to really enjoy talking with people. I'd like to pick up the Leech soon and the Over and Under pack.

I hope the CS is pretty good because my TTS ripped in a couple spots already. I think I'm gonna try to finish out the season with it and then contact GPG afterwards to see what we can come up with.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hope the CS is pretty good because my TTS ripped in a couple spots already. I think I'm gonna try to finish out the season with it and then contact GPG afterwards to see what we can come up with.

Mine did too. I sent my three year old spot'n'stalk in after talking to them about a seam ripping and a zipper busting. They didn't hesitate to send me a new one. They really are great to deal with.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine did too. I sent my three year old spot'n'stalk in after talking to them about a seam ripping and a zipper busting. They didn't hesitate to send me a new one. They really are great to deal with.

That's good to hear. I mean, I swapped it back and forth from my Millennium and my climber... and the climber, along with my pack strapped on it, isn't exactly the lightest stand in the world... But at the time I didn't think I was asking too much from the TTS. Maybe it's not made to handle any significant amount of weight. Hopefully I can possibly get it replaced and I'll just have to try and take it easier with the new one.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Where did yours rip? Mine ripped on the seams of the waist belt where. The buckles fasten to it on each side of the storage pocket.

After it ripped, I sat down and messed with it and found that it seems like the four buckles on the back should be fastened and snugged down tight. I then fasten the waist belt buckles loose, and then the shoulder buckles loose. Once I have the pack on, I tighten up the shoulder buckles and that brings the waist buckles up tight. I think this would prevent ripping in the future.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where did yours rip? Mine ripped on the seams of the waist belt where. The buckles fasten to it on each side of the storage pocket.

After it ripped, I sat down and messed with it and found that it seems like the four buckles on the back should be fastened and snugged down tight. I then fasten the waist belt buckles loose, and then the shoulder buckles loose. Once I have the pack on, I tighten up the shoulder buckles and that brings the waist buckles up tight. I think this would prevent ripping in the future.

That's exactly where mine ripped, Greg... right on both sides of that pocket of the waist belt. I currently have those buckles on the waist belt about as tight as I can get them, so maybe that's why it ripped. What did GPG say to you when you talked with them about it?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's exactly where mine ripped, Greg... right on both sides of that pocket of the waist belt. I currently have those buckles on the waist belt about as tight as I can get them, so maybe that's why it ripped. What did GPG say to you when you talked with them about it?

I haven't spoken with them yet. Plan to either call them after the season or take it to the expo as mike is normally there.