Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Truglo Sight: Defective Customer Service contacted

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just posting this in an effort to make anyone else aware of potential issues. I just now contacted Truglo about my issue. Honestly not sure what their warranty is. Hopefully they take care of it. If not? I don't know. I will keep you posted on how well their customer service department addresses the issue.

Here is a copy of my email text:

I went to use my shotgun for gun season this week only to find my Truglo sight was broken. I have a Remington 870 with the Truglo sights. The green "u shaped" piece came out of the rear sight apparatus. I have owned this gun for 3 years. I honestly do not know when I bought the sights. I do know I used my muzzle loader last year, and my handgun in 2009. Other than that, I carried the shotgun for 3 days in 2008 when I killed my buck. We only have a week long season. I am pretty disappointed. Is this covered under warranty? How long is the warranty? Thank you

Schu72

Streetsboro
Phil,
What happened with this? Did you ever get a response? The sight on my turkey gun broke and its a TRUGLO. I'd hate to buy a new sight for just one piece.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Shame on me for never updating this. They responded within a day or two. I think I received an email the same day to verify they got my email. Next day there was a tech responding. Less than a week from the time I emailed them I had an envelope with enough fiber optic to make the same repairs 3-4 times. If it happens again I am in good shape. Very impressive customer service in my opinion. Not sure what the warranty is for sure, but they took care of my issue with no questions asked knowing the sights were several years old.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well I'm expecting a replacement piece in the next few days. Overall had a great experience with the customer service manager I delt with. I spoke with Ken on the phone 3 times over a 2 day period. He told me that my sight was discontinued over 10 years ago and it would be very unlikely that they could find the replacement part I needed. I emailed pictures of my sight and to my surprise a got a reply back that he found one. Ken was very friendly and although I did have to pay about $11 total, I was quite satisfied with my experience. Thanks Truglo.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Really good to hear about a company that still values their customers and treats them good, reading things like thid really sways me when it comes to future purchases.