Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sunday Day 7

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Well Folks........Today is the day....We're going to a fallen barn this morning and try to ambush one on the tractor path. Had 9 different deer pics between 7-9 am yesterday. Hoping to suprise one as wind is right.....Then go in and try to find Z's Doe from last night. Probably hit it again before dark if any tags left. He is holding 2 Antlerless tags which run out today because he was sick for about 10 days...Pressure is on! Good Luck to all going out today....Hope we hear some good news by this evenning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Apparently my body needed a little more sleep more than it needed to get out of bed on three hours sleep to hunt in the rain today. Ooops. My buddy killed a buck Friday and is sick. Both of my kids are sick. My throat is a little scratchy too. I have my truck running, belly full, dogs fed, and wood burner stoked up. It is time to hit the road with the binoculars, formulate an afternoon game plan and hit it hard!

Good luck Xbowguy and all others hunting this morning and today!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
No Deer showed on Tractor Path....Boy is hungry again so pulled out to look for his deer from last night. Still going out tonight even if I find his deer. I hate wasting them 15.00 tags........C'mon Saddlepants......you can read that book while waiting in the blind!

saddlepants

central Ohio
No Deer showed on Tractor Path....Boy is hungry again so pulled out to look for his deer from last night. Still going out tonight even if I find his deer. I hate wasting them 15.00 tags........C'mon Saddlepants......you can read that book while waiting in the blind!

Wish I could but its an online class with no book and I dont have a laptop or wifi yet. waitin on Santa!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Found ZJ's Doe..............Walked right by her last night when the light was dying........Going out again!......Gotta get that last 15.00 tag filled!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear it xbowguy!

I road scouted this morning. Saw zero deer and only 2 trucks parked after driving 12-15miles. Came home, took a nap. Headed out this evening to ground hunt/stalk in the rain. I saw one yearling. My buddy took a drive. He saw zero trucks parked with anyone hunting. He saw zero deer out moving. Weird. Must be something with this front. They are holed up right now tighter than Ft Knox.

Time to revamp my strategy. I have to shoot my bow (if my shoulder holds out). I need to stay off the property we have been hunting hard. I am thinking of hitting a farm which I really have not hunted this year other than a couple still hunts in the rain during bow season. I have NO shooters on trail camera with any regularity, but the corn is off in the areas immediately adjacent to the property. This might help. I am thinking it is time to canvas a couple properties with the trail cameras again, hunt for a doe or two off a couple different properties, and make a game plan for the bonus weekend. If not, I am not afraid to hit it in the late season.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Had a Big Deer coming in tonight....Thought tag was filled for sure as was only 4:30.....Milled around behind the weeds but would not come out to save our azz..........thought Z was gonna get to fill that tag. He said that's alright I did get one already this weekend.....He's got a tag, I got 2 and Diane has 3 left.......we're gonna be busy....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Hunted the afternoon/evening...nothing seen.
Someone about 3-400 yards north of me shot twice at 4:30 but nothing came my way.