Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

RUT NUT'S 2011 Mount Teaser

RUT NUT

Just one pic of my mount I got back today. I can't say enough about my taxidermist! Great guy, great work and great turn around! I just picked him up tonight. I will be taking him outside and getting better pics tomorrow when the sun is still up. This one is to just hold you over....and put me at ease. I wasn't going to post until tomorrow but I just can't take it! I'm proud of this buck!

RUT NUT

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322963533.203684.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Awesome buck Rut Nut... Congrats on the fine trophy.... Can't wait for the next pictures..... Any score????

RUT NUT

Awesome buck Rut Nut... Congrats on the fine trophy.... Can't wait for the next pictures..... Any score????

I've never scored one before this but rough scored him myself at 164 1/4. Once the 60 days are up I will have him OFFICIALLY scored. The score really doesn't matter all that much to me. I consider the score icing on the cake. He was mature. That's what really matters to me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've never scored one before this but rough scored him myself at 164 1/4. Once the 60 days are up I will have him OFFICIALLY scored. The score really doesn't matter all that much to me. I consider the score icing on the cake. He was a mature. That's what really matters to me.

I agree, but I'm trying too hone my score guessing ability rotflmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If I was to guess I would say 157 with a net close to the 150 mark. Purely a guess on my part.

Like you, score doesn't mean much to me when it comes to MY bucks. The story and experience makes up for the numbers :)

RUT NUT

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to taking some better pics. I might even include my ugly butt in the pictures! Haha!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice mount! IMO, he's in the high 160's maybe low 170's gross and as far as score, gross is all that matters. Like others have mentioned it's the hunt,the overall picture and reliving it with friends that mean more than scores. Congrats on bringing down a giant and thanks for sharing it with us.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I truely agree with Ric....Total Gross is all that matters to me. Why deduct from a buck what he worked so hard to grow and try to keep?
Great Buck Rut Nut! You Deserve to be Proud!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Great looking mount Rut, congrats on bringing down a hawg! Screw the score, he's hanging on the wall, that's all that matters!