Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

check out this rack

arjay

S.E. Ohio
291971_100983953344241_100002979092887_4642_554390560_n.jpg

This buck was killed by a coworker of mine with a damaged crop land permit what a shame it would have made some hunter one hell of a trophy

arjay

S.E. Ohio
The racks do have to be turned into the dnr thats why the heads cut off the way it is and the meat is donated to a food pantry

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is stupid. I was under the impression they were to kill does. Why kill such a buck and then just hand it over to the ODNR? My guess is this one didn't get handed over.

arjay

S.E. Ohio
That is stupid. I was under the impression they were to kill does. Why kill such a buck and then just hand it over to the ODNR? My guess is this one didn't get handed over.

I know for a fact it was handed over, and I am with you all its a total shame a trophy like this was wasted. Its just such a unique rack I had to share it. Believe me I rode the guy who killed it pretty damn hard.

Diablo54

Outside
I know for a fact it was handed over, and I am with you all its a total shame a trophy like this was wasted. Its just such a unique rack I had to share it. Believe me I rode the guy who killed it pretty damn hard.

:pickle: Fluteman Killed it????

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I usually believe in "To each, his own and stay out of it" ...BUT: That right there totally upsets me.......I am the caretaker to a tree farm and could get all sorts of damage permits if I wanted.....But I do not ask for even one ~~ Instead, I spend a couple thousand dollars every year (out of my own pocket) feeding them and pumping them full of minerals to grow nice racks.......I am sorta glad I do not know who this fella is as I would also ride him. This is probably crossing the line... "But he is TOO dumb to have a gun !"

So. Ohio Outfitters

I think its obsured that the dnr allows farmers/hunters to shoot bucks using crop damage permits. When you have 20 does and one big buck, its not hard to figure the deer who are going to do the most damage. I think this is probably abused by some farms and not utilized at all by most.......I think bucks should not be harvested with damage permits period.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
What a shame...Again, I ask the question. How much damage do deer actually cause? I really don't know, just asking.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a frigging shame! Kill all the does they want but NO bucks is how it should be. I know some ARE turned over to ODNR but many aren't. It just tempts to many to poach them and tag them as archery kills or gun kills during gun season. Just my take!