Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Inaugural TOO "Arrow School"

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We are in the very early stages of considering/organizing what would be termed "TOO Arrow School" for a May-June time frame at the Cardinal Center in Marengo. The concept behind this event would be education, fellowship, and fun. We are working to create a "course syllabus" and overall weekend event schedule right now, along with other preliminary issues. I wanted to take a moment and reach out to the TOO family for ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. regarding an event such as this. A few things we have discussed are basic/advanced bow tuning courses from Milo; shooting instructions; arrow building seminar; DIY seasons from Fluteman and JBrown; ice fishing and walleye talk; gun cleaning and such with Beener; along with ideas for waterfowling, trapping, and whatever else we can think of between now and then.

I'd like to have a "Meet 'n Great" dinner and bow/shotgun shoot on Friday night. Saturday would be all about instruction, shooting, etc. with a dinner and possible entertainment that night. I want this to be a family friendly event and we'll make sure to address youth issues if we are going to end up with a bunch of kids. You won't need to be a TOO member to attend, so that will help us recruit and open it up to a bigger market. Ideally, I'd love to see 100+ people attend...

That being said, what would you like to see from this event? Would you be willing to pay $5-10-20 for "admission" to help finance the event? Would you even be interested in attending this event?

saddlepants

central Ohio
:smiley_cheerleader: HEY AWSOME!! was this all from me?? Il def be there, Ill pay monies. Ill help!!! , Set up supplies? Shade canopy, Food!, you name it...I am only 10 mins from there.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm in ..... Looking forwards to meeting everybody. I am no Pro By Far...But I do have several makes and models of Crossbows for those who have never shot one or want to try different models....Crossbows have just been my thing for 30+ years.

Last edited:

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm interested, but like most things the final dates will be a big factor. Youth baseball will be started by then. All depends on the schedule.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Count me in. Iwould be happy TOO help out any way I can. If intructors need gopher or just a hand. Whatever is needed to make this a success let me know.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm in. I will do anything I can, not that I have much to offer. My suggestion for the first year would be members and any guests of members. Don't worry about venders or charging people, just kinda use this year as a trial run. If it works out like we all hope/expect it to, then I can see putting in the work to go "public" with it.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
That sounds like it would be a good time. And by then is when you start getting itchy to get rolling with the next season.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I dont mind paying an admission fee. Can there be a "family rate"? Is it possible that we could find some instruction on better patterning and scouting for newbies like me. I can find a place that holds deer but being able to find the saddles, funnels, pinch points.... still eludes me.

Huckleberry Finn

I dont mind paying an admission fee. Can there be a "family rate"? Is it possible that we could find some instruction on better patterning and scouting for newbies like me. I can find a place that holds deer but being able to find the saddles, funnels, pinch points.... still eludes me.

I've said before that getting the chance to burn leather with some of the pro's would be a dream...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Count me in. If we can nail down dates pretty soon I can put in for a vacation day or two so I can get Friday and Saturday off work to better help out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would love to attend. Just might be a problem with it being my busy season though. Time will tell. Sounds like a great event! I would have zero issues with paying admission. These events do cost money to rent the place out and such. I think most of us probably realize that someone is going to have to pay for some things to make this happen.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Count me in if I still able.My daughter is just getting into the bows also, so there would be two of us. I would be willing to help with something also if needed.