Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Flame Thrower Conversion on My Thunderhawk?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I converted my muzzy over to 209 primers and haven't looked back.

Caps don't always fire, sometimes there's a slight delay when the do. With the 209s when I pull the trigger the gun goes boom. The conversion is easy enough to do. If I can do it and not destroy my gun then anybody can do it. As long as I don't run over my gun that is...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I converted my muzzy over to 209 primers and haven't looked back.

Caps don't always fire, sometimes there's a slight delay when the do. With the 209s when I pull the trigger the gun goes boom. The conversion is easy enough to do. If I can do it and not destroy my gun then anybody can do it. As long as I don't run over my gun that is...

lmao

Saddlepants, it is definitely worth the $

saddlepants

central Ohio
Sounds like a plan. I have free shipping at amazon so $34 sounds good. Im still prayin for some new land for this season. might have to get some warmer outerwear. Wait...didnt I say I quit??

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My T/C Black Diamond has the flamethrower kit in it... came with it when I got it. Unfortunately though, my 209 nipple twisted and broke off in the breech when I was cleaning it last year. I haven't really gotten around to fixing it yet. 209 is definitely the way to go, though... those #11 caps are garbage.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dang... That wasn't what I thought it was going to be after reading the subject line...
Had me a little excited lol
o well.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Dang... That wasn't what I thought it was going to be after reading the subject line...
Had me a little excited lol
o well.
Lol, me neither when I saw it while doing research for my muzzy...lol..I thought ..OOo Cool! then I clicked and well, was dissapointed TOO. I was thinkin how the heck does one turn a muzzeloader into a Flamethrower, LMAO!!