Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Lope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Uhhh. Yeah... Why do you think he ended up the same place Pryor did The Oakland Raiders. lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You won't ever hear me say that one! lmao.. Not only better at winning... But better at covering shit up too.. ;)

See that is the thing... There will be many days of reckoning for the SEC. If Joe Pa is not immune, no one is. It is just a matter of time before someone blows the door off the shithouse...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree. I keep wondering how long the NCAA will keep letting the SEC win before they dig in their shit to try and break their backs. You know they're about to start gunning for them.. And now with 6 in a row. It has to be getting old... I imagine next year the NCAA will be snooping around.. But I said the same thing last year.. And yeah. They did bust miami, but who are they... And they did try some stuff with Bama but none of it stuck.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree. I keep wondering how long the NCAA will keep letting the SEC win before they dig in their shit to try and break their backs. 6 in a row. It has to be getting old by now.

The obvious questions all that raises to me is "why?" How has one conference risen to the ranks in the new era, while others have mired in mediocrity? It speaks to an "advantage" and I don't believe you can contribute it solely to recruiting IMO. I see the obvious advantages with talent pools, location, tradition, etc... But there is obviously something more going on...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Our last one (Michigan) was 1997. We have 11 National Championships, best winning percentage, most wins, most undefeated seasons, and one of only three schools with a winning record against every Division I-A/FBS conference.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The obvious questions all that raises to me is "why?" How has one conference risen to the ranks in the new era, while others have mired in mediocrity? It speaks to an "advantage" and I don't believe you can contribute it solely to recruiting IMO. I see the obvious advantages with talent pools, location, tradition, etc... But there is obviously something more going on...

There may be some shistey shit going on in recruiting practices. But I don;t think anymore than anywhere else. It's mostly what you stated. Recruiting for a SEC team has it's huge advantages.. Namely weather.. Why would someone want to come to OSU and not only play in the cold, but live in it? Would you rather go to an away game in Michigan or Florida. Look at the schools that are cycling through being at the top. Fl, Al, La, and somewhat Ms. Great weather, beaches, bikini women... Or, cold, snow, corn and women in hoodies... It almost sells itself. And when you get all these guys on 3-4 different teams, In season SOS gets hard. So when bowl time comes you've already been playing a cut above. Kind of like throwing the medicine ball at basketball practice. Then throw the basketball. lighter than air.. That's my theory anyway.. That's why a team like OSU can kill their division. But then face off against a SEC team and take back to back losses like they did... They need better in conference teams. Or play more out of conference games.

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

It is cyclical just like everything else. Look at past NC's. Remember when it was all Florida teams winning?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
There may be some shistey shit going on in recruiting practices. But I don;t think anymore than anywhere else. It's mostly what you stated. Recruiting for a SEC team has it's huge advantages.. Namely weather.. Why would someone want to come to OSU and not only play in the cold, but live in it? Would you rather go to an away game in Michigan or Florida. Look at the schools that are cycling through being at the top. Fl, Al, La, and somewhat Ms. Great weather, beaches, bikini women... Or, cold, snow, corn and women in hoodies... It almost sell itself.

Plus the rut doesn't hit until mid -Jan! Good hunting after the FB season is over ;)

epe

Lancaster
There may be some shistey shit going on in recruiting practices. But I don;t think anymore than anywhere else. It's mostly what you stated. Recruiting for a SEC team has it's huge advantages.. Namely weather.. Why would someone want to come to OSU and not only play in the cold, but live in it? Would you rather go to an away game in Michigan or Florida. Look at the schools that are cycling through being at the top. Fl, Al, La, and somewhat Ms. Great weather, beaches, bikini women... Or, cold, snow, corn and women in hoodies... It almost sell itself. And when you get all these guys on 3-4 different teams, In season SOS gets hard. So when bowl time comes you've already been playing a cut above. Kind of like throwing the medicine ball at basketball practice. Then throw the basketball. lighter than air.. That's my theory anyway..

I know the sec has been catching shit for going over the scholarship limit each year, then dropping guys that aren't as good. Didn't the sec say they were going to limit that and all the coaches freak out??