Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thursday...day 4

saddlepants

central Ohio
*sigh* Cant sleep fer shit. Going out this morning...later of course. Total deer seen since the beginning of bow season.15. Total of sits, hell I dunno couple times a week since opening bow day, cept for when mom was in the hospital for two weeks and another week after that. Total number within range. 6. Total that offered a shot. 3. One clean miss. One hit pretty good but lost. One totally fugged up. Total were bucks.4. total halfway decent bucks. 2. That adds up to a pretty lame season so far. *Yawn*

I'm heading out in a few minutes. Hopefully, I'll kill something, today...besides time.

I've seen 5 bucks in the area and only 1 doe. She's getting a pass, this year. I broke a long standing record of my own...of no misses. Didn't check my lefts and rights before shooting (greenhorn stunt), rushed the shot and clean missed one about 2 weeks ago. I've usually tagged out by the first week of November and here it is December.

Well, today's another day. I'll see what I can see.
Bowhunter57

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good Luck To Everyone Going Out Today. Keep your spirits up ~~ As we all know, All-Of-A-Sudden.....There He Is!

That's right!! It's a long season full of highs, lows, and everything in between. The thing you gotta keep in mind is that it can all change in the blink of an eye. Keep the faith & hunt hard!!

Good luck out there today TOOzers!!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Nobody hunting today??? Wow...weather wise this looks like the best day so far. :smiley_depressive:I miss being in the woods.

saddlepants

central Ohio
That was my though. It was a beautiful morning until the freezing fog rolled in and made it impossible to see anything but I heard only two sets of shots way far away and didnt hear the first one until like 7:30 - and he unloaded on whatever he shot at.

There must have been 20 to 30 squirrels running around the woods this morning. I was in my Summit Viper and could see quite a distance, there were squirrels chasing each other as far away as 150 yards.

While walking out I was in a cut bean field, about 15 yards from the field edge and scanning into the woods as I slowly walked along. Then I notice a set of eyes watching me and it's a doe. I kept the same steady pace, glanced at her from the corner of my eye and passed on by her without her spooking. After I passed by, I was thinking..."I have an either sex tag, why didn't I shoot that critter." Nuts! :smiley_crocodile:

Back to the woods, for more abuse. :smiley_depressive:
Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not looking good for making it out this afternoon. Struggling to find the motivation with work sitting in front of me. Better get my work done so I can hit it hard the next three days!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I believe that Saturday is going to like a Monday Opener.......With everyone frustrated and pressured....Gonna be deer running everywhere!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I took Klay out for a short evening sit. As we were walking in I felt my phone vibrate. I check it and it is my older son texting from his itouch (free texting on wifi) and it says "10 point in backyard in field. Big Buck Big."
LMAO!
We were not in the back field. We drove to a different spot.
Klay and I didn't see shit.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I was out goose hunting this morning and only heard one shot and it was way out there. I guess I will just wait for the cold to hit later in the season find a food source and play a couple games of wackadoe!

FredT

SE Ohio
Got to my set up at 8AM. Two does (I need one) come by at 9AM. Lead doe is the larger, at 30 yards I pull the trigger on the Rem 700 ML and it malfuctions, first time since I bought it in the late 80s. The cap slid off of the nipple a bit and the striker hits it kinda side ways. Deer take off a bit and walk away in dif direction. Pinch another cap and press onto nipple. 9AM two small bucks come by at 50 yards, a 5 point and a spike. Buck tag was filled on the 11th. To rub it in spike beds down at 40 yards oblivious to me. After awhile he gets up and leaves. At 1 PM I go over and explore where spike went. At 3:30 I come back and set up seat on the other end of the draw watching where I sat in morning. 3:45 a doe comes in from my left as hoped. Doe down, tag filled out. Home by 5 PM with deer at butcher's. I guess my season is done unless I must go back out sometime. We'll see.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
2 of my good friends each killed nice bucks last evening (Thursday). One was an eight and the other a ten. The deer were moving everywhere last night from what I saw.