Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

K and K Vindicator

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thought I would start a thread on the new bow. Just got it in the mail. First impression are that this is quality. It has been a while since I have had a new bow. From the dampners to the built in arrow holder on the shelf everything is refined. Proline made the strings and cables and they are top notch.

One issue I forsee is having enough space for my current rest....QAD Ultrarest Pro Series. I think it is going to need moved up another 1/8th of an inch and the cable slide rod is in the way.

I won't know for sure until I get it to Skeeter Creek Archery. But seems like it by eyeballing it.

I will pop in every once in a while with updates, ask for equipment opinions and post results. Excited about shooting it. Seems to wanna take off a bit more than Milos Strother when letting down. A little more Elite feeling than his. Almost feels like more letoff than 80%.

It is supposed to be at 29" but it feels short so we may need to add an extra inch in draw.

Man this bow feels great. Can't wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322702821559.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322702821559.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 152
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322703217328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322703217328.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 147
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322703240642.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322703240642.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 152
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322703267032.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322703267032.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 171

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great looking rig there beener. Dump that QAD and pick up a Limbdriver or Limbdriver ProV. :smiley_bril: Since switching from the G5 expert pro to the limbdriver I've been pretty satisfied. The ProV will give you full containment.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hard for me to dump it when I have had such a good experience with it. What does the Limb Driver do the QAD can't?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Easier to tune, don't have to tie a cord into your string, don't have to worry about timing...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't think I've ever seen an explanation for why you guys love those QAD rests

No arrow contact after release Huck.

I never had timing problems with the QAD. I will look into the limbdrivers but don't they attach to the limb with a string? Now on tuning, doesn't the limbdriver have the same adjustments that would need to be made? up/down/left/right Or is it something else about it that makes it easier to tune?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't think I've ever seen an explanation for why you guys love those QAD rests

Full containment, no contact during the shot, Stays up during let down, and has a lock down after dropping away so it doesn't bounce back up and contact the arrow after falling. Can be set in the up position prior to drawing.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
One thing you need to remember on these no single cam bows is that if you need to tune/twist the string that has the cable on it, your going to have to more that likely undo the serving and retie and setup your rest timing. the limbdriver eliminates all of that and in the case of binaries/slaved cams, it keep the cables from having a different force on them putting the timing a little off. full containment is a trojan horse...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
One thing you need to remember on these no single cam bows is that if you need to tune/twist the string that has the cable on it, your going to have to more that likely undo the serving and retie and setup your rest timing. the limbdriver eliminates all of that and in the case of binaries/slaved cams, it keep the cables from having a different force on them putting the timing a little off. full containment is a trojan horse...

Makes sense. Thats why I asked. :)

Man I just hate dropping that much coin when I thought I saved that cost by keeping my current rest. You need practice tying in anyway right Milo? lol Dang, going to check prices.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Makes sense. Thats why I asked. :)

Man I just hate dropping that much coin when I thought I saved that cost by keeping my current rest. You need practice tying in anyway right Milo? lol Dang, going to check prices.
yeah i do dang...oh and i have not gotten your email yet