Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

where I say....

saddlepants

central Ohio
WHERE ARE ALL THE FUGGIN DEER?????????????????????????? im sick of this crap. I know every fuzz on every squirrel and every leaf that flutters in my woods. Thats it man. Jus sayin.:tantrum::smiley_dead::smiley_badmood::smiley_bored:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep that's pretty much my stance after today hahaha.... I just didn't put it as nicely as you have hahaha

I didn't see a single deer today, but did find some fresh tracks this afternoon. The snow was nice and I got to wear my snow camo, but as the day progressed it melted. I guess I'm back to a treestand and regular camo in the morning.

The closer we get to the weekend, I'll expect more deer traffic, as the human traffic increases. :smiley_clap:

Bowhunter57

I've seen one deer all week . No one is hunting either property on each side of my inlaws so the deer haven't been moving much. Gun season total seen 1 deer over hundred turkeus butt load of squirrel's. Tons of geese and a unfortunate rabbit i hit with the car

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I think they all have secret tunnels under ground, only thing we drove out yesterday was the man. Think I'm gonna give up till after gun and go smack some geese

saddlepants

central Ohio
I Quit as of right now, till next season. I sat five hours last night and three this morning not even seeing or hearing anything in a distance. Only heard about two shots this am far far away. No hunters are moving to push any. I havent pushed any out going to or from my spot or even seen them on the drive. If I wanted ducks this morning woulda been a fine time for that. I had greenheads and woodies fly over in several different flocks and then I could hear them land on the river...WoooooSH! the green heads are friggin noisey. I like the sound the woodies make when they fly. I've never hunted ducks. But they all doodle right by my blind. But its Official. Im done wasting my time. If I was seeing something I wouldnt quit but this is supposed to be fun and its turned into frozen fingers, sore back, bored to death and lacking in home duties WORK. I like early bow season better anyhoo. Maybe by next year I can find a better place to get permission.:smiley_angrygirl:

Huckleberry Finn

I Quit as of right now, till next season. I sat five hours last night and three this morning not even seeing or hearing anything in a distance. Only heard about two shots this am far far away. No hunters are moving to push any. I havent pushed any out going to or from my spot or even seen them on the drive. If I wanted ducks this morning woulda been a fine time for that. I had greenheads and woodies fly over in several different flocks and then I could hear them land on the river...WoooooSH! the green heads are friggin noisey. I like the sound the woodies make when they fly. I've never hunted ducks. But they all doodle right by my blind. But its Official. Im done wasting my time. If I was seeing something I wouldnt quit but this is supposed to be fun and its turned into frozen fingers, sore back, bored to death and lacking in home duties WORK. I like early bow season better anyhoo. Maybe by next year I can find a better place to get permission.:smiley_angrygirl:

Holy Debbie Downer. They will be pushing on Saturday...sit then and you'll see deer

Huckleberry Finn

Hmmm. You promise??????????

If you're hunting Morrow County and you don't see people pushing on Saturday, you might need to go see an eye doctor. The place goes crazy...yea, it's been years since I've gun hunted there, but even during muzzleloader I know there are a ton of guys pushing...

saddlepants

central Ohio
OK, maybe... I just worked out all my frustrations outside.I cleaned the stalls. I Moved and reset about twelve, 12 ft corral panels in the mud and cleaned up the barn, moved a bunch of siding and hauled a shit load of lumber up to the barn so my husband doesn't have to. Hes been working so hard on the barn for my horses while I hunt. He will be happy when he gets home in a bit and sees he doesnt have to do that. Oh and I moved about 20 boxes of carpet tile from point a to point be - they weigh about 50 lbs each. I worked up a good sweat and can still see my breath. BTW...OSB is friggin heavy!!!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
OK, maybe... I just worked out all my frustrations outside.I cleaned the stalls. I Moved and reset about twelve, 12 ft corral panels in the mud and cleaned up the barn, moved a bunch of siding and hauled a shit load of lumber up to the barn so my husband doesn't have to. Hes been working so hard on the barn for my horses while I hunt. He will be happy when he gets home in a bit and sees he doesnt have to do that. Oh and I moved about 20 boxes of carpet tile from point a to point be - they weigh about 50 lbs each. I worked up a good sweat and can still see my breath. BTW...OSB is friggin heavy!!!!!

When you're done, I have a garage and 1/2 bath in need of a remodel. Got a barn that needs a new roof and paint. All kinds of work on the house needs done really, so come on out!!!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Oh really? Not. Im gonna add ten bales of hay carried up the drive over the bridge, up the temporary redneck pallet walkway into the barn. An I still didnt see no damn deer:smiley_baby:

camofry

*Supporting Member*
If you're hunting Morrow County and you don't see people pushing on Saturday, you might need to go see an eye doctor. The place goes crazy...yea, it's been years since I've gun hunted there, but even during muzzleloader I know there are a ton of guys pushing...

I was all over the county today and only seen 2 hunters on one of Bushs farms and 3 GWs ( none of which was Derk, our GW) .

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Working construction, I get a chance to talk to a lot of rednecks. Almost everyone I talked to this week, that took the first 2 or 3 days off work, said they saw very few if any deer. hope it improves as I intend to be out there tomorrow.