Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Security camera

I know this has nothing to do with deer hunting but I thought someone here might be able to help me out. I have a driveway that is 2000 feet long and there has been several breakins out on the road.

What I would like to do is place a camera on the driveway so at least I would have a record of who came in and out. If possible I would like to use a camera that would send the pictures to my email or cell phone.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Greg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
get a hold of me later today.....got one you can use..we can put it up in a tree

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
There are several units available right now that are capable of doing this for you. My best advice is to visit Chasing Game and Trail Cam Pro to do some research. These two sites are the premier trail camera review sites on the net and are a very valuable resource when it comes to researching cameras. Having been a BuckEye Cam wireless owner, I can tell you their equipment is top-notch; but they are a budget buster for most folks.

I will also take the time to mention the SpyPoint Live. This is their cellular model and having run 4 of their IR-6's this fall, I can tell you they make a quality product. We also get discount pricing through our relationship with SP here on TOO, so you can PM Jackalope for details on that front. SpyPoint Live

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah... What Jesse said.. The camera is also capable of being ran off house or solar power removing the need for batteries. and Security boxes as well as mounting brackets for mounting up high are available.

Wow thanks for the replies!
Milo I will catch up with you this evening, Maybe borrow yours until we get somthing permanent set up
Jackalope I will PM you
Jesse the spy point live looks like the ticket, we do have ac available for a permanent set up.

Thanks Greg

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
They also make fake ones that look real, even has a blinking light if you want to throw a few of those up as well. Nothing beats the real thing however.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
There are also devices that can be buried w/in a few feet of the driveway and wired into lamp post so when vehicles pull into the driveway, the lights come on. They detect metal so the local animals won't set it off. Its nice to have when company comes and goes. (one at each end of driveway.) We have had one for years. They also can be tied into your house w/ a dummy light or alarm so you know when someone has pulled in.