Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wednesday-Day 3

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Going to get a little more serious and the rain seems to be letting up and the temps. are dropping. Rain and snow mix for Wednesday- Good luck to all.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Heading out shortly.... hoping the conditions get people moving which in turn get deer moving lol... good luck y'all....

saddlepants

central Ohio
Going out later this afternoon/eve. Got a little skiff of snow..lets hope it sticks around and helps. Wind is supposed to drop off this eve and in the AM. Weather actually looks great here through Friday!! But its a MUD HOLE

Last edited:

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Looks like Big Bro maybe on his own this afternoon. Thanks to Beentown I got the Bos - 300 looping station this morning so I may run it up to my daughter this afternoon.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I don't know boys and girl.
At this rate, theres gonna be a lot of deer for next year...

Nothing X4...found a single line of fresh tracks in the afternoon. I'm hoping for more deer traffic as the week progresses, due to increased human traffic.

I agree with CJD3, at this rate there's going to be a flood of deer for next year. However, I'm holding my breath for the TeleCheck system, as it will save us. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

Huckleberry Finn

Big Bro and I driving home, I told him he should have gutted it before driving home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSFxlfuf9s

Dang, don't you know you're suppose to strap 'em to the top??

This morning on 80...and yea, that's a Michigan hunter that drove across Ohio to go kill one in PA...

roof deer.jpg

Back when I was knee high and growing up in NY, the guy my dad hunted with had a Subaru wagon and I remember one year the night of opening day Dad came home with him with a buck (the guys) and a doe (my dads) strapped to the top. TOO cool.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I worked most of the night and was able to get in the stand and situated just before the sun came up. Movement was great in our area! Had 3 single deer at different times. Had 2 small bucks in bow range. They moved through and never had a clue I existed. That is always fun! Had 2 more deer move through with no shot. Then (thanks to the snow cover) I saw 4-5 deer about 100yds away through the woods and cover. They were moving north. Next thing I know there were another 4-5 behind them. Something spooked them and all 8-10 came back south. They split up and I lost them. Decided I better walk out and get some sleep while there were no deer around. I get to the opening to sneak down a fence row and I see one of the single deer milling around. I move into position and get a range on her but she was 230yds away and I am not comfortable with this shot. Maybe with my 243 but not the muzzie. I head on to the truck and eat an apple. I notice another deer a couple hundred yards down a fence row. I had about 100yds to get to some cover. I made it there but 2 were bedded and hopped out of the cover and were gone. Very small deer. Probably this year's fawns. I got within 108yds of the deer I had seen but determined it was probably a sibling to the other two that had left.

18 deer seen in about 5hrs of hunting! Great great great hunt! Heard 3 different shots this morning. Well, 5 total, but three occasions of gunfire.