Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What is it ?????

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Got this Picture in my backyard one evening on a flash camera
......Any ideas what it is....or why the shadow is underneath it instead of behind it?

mdgc0034.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's a new one for me lol. I have not a clue what would cause that and have a shadow under it. I have seen some pics where the deer eye glare shows up in a different spot on the cam pic but never one that had a shadow to go with it lol. Very odd and interesting at the same time lol.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Oh, that's just two queer frogs sword fighting. Huck has told me about this type of behavior before, and how much he loves to watch them. He may want to buy a copy of this off of you for "personal reasons." LMAO

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've been told it was a moth.....and I was told it was a white grocery bag tied in a knot.....Until I ask why the shadow underneath?...Then I usually hear the WTF????

saddlepants

central Ohio
Luna would cast that shadow no problem. They are big enough to block the flash. Then the shadow looks way bigger...like when moths fly around a porch light in the summer? How the shadows look way bigger the further away the moth is from the light? Or it could be a hummingbird moth - there pretty big too..nah there wings are too small

Last edited: