Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nu-Fletch...fletching made easy?

I seen this on one of the hunting channels the other day. I wonder how durable and expensive this set up would be, for hunting. :smiley_chinrub:

I've tried several different types of fletching, over the years. Some good and some not so good. This one appears to have it together...as long as it's not over priced.

www.nufletch.com
Has anyone tried using this system, yet?

Bowhunter57

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pretty skeptical of this system. I just don't like the idea of adding a bunch of weight to the back of the arrow. It's going to change arrow FOC and spine... You may be alright after completely re-tuning your setup, but it's not worth it, IMO. I mean, it's really simple to refletch arrows, and how often does one do it anyway? I shoot quite a bit and I still don't refletch more than once or twice a year. The other thing I don't like about it is you have to cut your arrow shafts down extra short to accomodate this system... So those arrow shafts are basically worthless without it. Bend or break the nufletch insert and your entire arrow shaft is trash.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm pretty skeptical of this system. I just don't like the idea of adding a bunch of weight to the back of the arrow. It's going to change arrow FOC and spine... You may be alright after completely re-tuning your setup, but it's not worth it, IMO. I mean, it's really simple to refletch arrows, and how often does one do it anyway? I shoot quite a bit and I still don't refletch more than once or twice a year. The other thing I don't like about it is you have to cut your arrow shafts down extra short to accomodate this system... So those arrow shafts are basically worthless without it. Bend or break the nufletch insert and your entire arrow shaft is trash.

Yep. I would end up with super short, stiff shafts (no jokes! lol). I just don't see the reason for them other than to have the newest thing.

I think the Nu-fletch will be a complete bust...As stated above its gonna effect FOC alot i would think..Then what?Run a 150 or 200 grain tip?Plus your going to have to cut your shafts short an that will stiffen them more(as stated above).An the addition of more weight on the rear will stiffen it even more....It would work but it seems pointless to me..Same thing with shrink fletch..While it makes sense the cost is insane...Granted shops do want 2 to 3$ each to fletch..But a person can get a jig even a simple to use jig an enough vanes to do 2 or 3 dz arrows for under 60$..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Granted shops do want 2 to 3$ each to fletch..But a person can get a jig even a simple to use jig an enough vanes to do 2 or 3 dz arrows for under 60$..

I can attest to that. $56 shipped and I probably won't have to buy anything for 10 years except maybe glue.

If it weren't for the fact the archery shops were 30-40min away from me around here, I would be more than happy to pay the $3/arrow. Dropping them off one day, and picking them up the next eats into the pocket. That is 2+hrs of time just driving.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!

I'm still a rookie when it comes to all things archery, but I did have these same thoughts when I was perusing their website...about the only way you could re-use those short shafts is if you spent another $39.99 for another 3 pack.

The Nu Fletch commercial caught my eye, due to having shot some Acu Vanes, several years ago.
www.inventivetechnology.com/gallery.php?subcat=arrow_fletching

The only 2 things that I didn't like about the Acu Vanes were:
1. They'd pop off after going through an animal. All you had to do was pop them back on and you were back in business, but there was something about that that I just didn't like. :smiley_chinrub:
2. They were slower through a chronograph, due to the extra spin imparted to the arrow from the fin portion of the vane itself.

Even so, I could shoot a 2" fixed blade broadhead or any other configuration of a fixed blade broadhead and it would hit the same P.O.I. as my field tips. The stability the Acu Vane provided to the arrow's accuracy was excellent. Never had any tuning issues, but my arrows were 1 1/2" longer than arrows using "normal" nocks.

Bowhunter57

NuFletch1

Hi all,

I have been reading the discussion about our NuFletch products and simply want to comment about what I have been reading. NuFletch is new and it is very easy to think that adding weight to an arrow will destroy arrow flight and bring about unwanted changes in FOC. Even I was skeptical about the product when I was developing it. I take my bow hunting seriously and don't want to discuss anything that won't make me more successful, it's already hard enough to get close to the animal why do I need something that makes my arrow fly poorly. "If you really knew me you would understand that I don't promote anything that does not make me more successful in the field or range (PERIOD)" What is important to understand that is by cutting the arrow down you have done some good things to the arrow. If for example you have a .006 arrow, that is priced good for us as hunters but really not as straight as we would like, NuFletch immediately allows you to trim 2.75" of carbon away from each end. This will help to true that arrow (good thing) Once cut, the arrow is stiffer, that again is not a bad thing. The most common misunderstanding here is that the stiffer spine will perform poorly. NOT TRUE.. FACT: you may and I say MAY need to re-tune your set up for the new shaft. We absolutely recommend paper tuning after installing NuFletch to be sure you are shooting a bullet with the new arrow. This ensures that the bow and arrow configuration is correct... simple enough to adjust the rest. Remember, you may not have to touch a thing! Now for FOC. #1 Question we have: Does installing NuFletch mean that I will have to add to my front end to accommodate for FOC? Answer: NO... WHY? the reduced arrow oscillation you now have with the NuFletch arrow will provide you with a dynamically balanced arrow that will fly flatter and more accurately than your normally fletched arrow. FOC has not been diverted enough to become a factor. Understand, the reduced oscillation in the arrow will deliver the performance you desire as a target shooter or hunter. NuFletch will allow a heavier arrow to oscillate less, fly more efficiently and deliver the kinetic punch we desire as hunters down range where it is needed. ("I understand that all that have not shot this product do not believe what I say at this point") I too did not expect the arrow to perform well when I built the product... I was WRONG... NuFletch is a product that you have to shoot to understand. I have asked many people in the industry that hunt for a living to shoot the product in 2012 on film and see if it works for them. Please visit our website in the next week or so to hear from the folks that have shot the product. Also please look through the photo gallery to see the animals that don't like NuFletch at all :)...

NuFletch is new and what I want everyone to understand is: I know we all want to shoot more and fletch less. We want to be more accurate, travel around and not be bothered by vane damage and Lord knows we all want more penetration and harder hitting arrows down range. On a Saturday morning in my home state I sat in a tree one morning, I had already taken 7-8 deer with NuFletch and it was then it hit me... I looked over at my bow hanging on the tree next to me and I felt the freedom of knowing that I was free from fletching, I had an arrow that delivered punch, accuracy, performance and I could fix it instantly in the field.... DONE>>>

Price: yes it is pricy to build this product, I am focused to bring this price DOWN and I promise I will.... If you would like to try this product give me a call at our office and I will get you a sample to shoot for yourself... after all, as a bowhunter...I know you need to see to believe.... that's cool with me!

Thanks Ohio, hunt safe!
John

Huckleberry Finn

NuFletch1 -

Thanks for the description of your product and touching on the topics raised in the questions and critiques. As a part of this forum, I know that it's often rare for a company to register and say something about their product in such a good way as you did, and less frequently that they will rebuttle/answer additional questions afterwards. In other words, hope you stick around!

The offer of sending someone one this site a sample is a good one too - hopefully someone takes you up on it and then we'll all be able to read what they review.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hi all,

I have been reading the discussion about our NuFletch products and simply want to comment about what I have been reading. NuFletch is new and it is very easy to think that adding weight to an arrow will destroy arrow flight and bring about unwanted changes in FOC. Even I was skeptical about the product when I was developing it. I take my bow hunting seriously and don't want to discuss anything that won't make me more successful, it's already hard enough to get close to the animal why do I need something that makes my arrow fly poorly. "If you really knew me you would understand that I don't promote anything that does not make me more successful in the field or range (PERIOD)" What is important to understand that is by cutting the arrow down you have done some good things to the arrow. If for example you have a .006 arrow, that is priced good for us as hunters but really not as straight as we would like, NuFletch immediately allows you to trim 2.75" of carbon away from each end. This will help to true that arrow (good thing) Once cut, the arrow is stiffer, that again is not a bad thing. The most common misunderstanding here is that the stiffer spine will perform poorly. NOT TRUE.. FACT: you may and I say MAY need to re-tune your set up for the new shaft. We absolutely recommend paper tuning after installing NuFletch to be sure you are shooting a bullet with the new arrow. This ensures that the bow and arrow configuration is correct... simple enough to adjust the rest. Remember, you may not have to touch a thing! Now for FOC. #1 Question we have: Does installing NuFletch mean that I will have to add to my front end to accommodate for FOC? Answer: NO... WHY? the reduced arrow oscillation you now have with the NuFletch arrow will provide you with a dynamically balanced arrow that will fly flatter and more accurately than your normally fletched arrow. FOC has not been diverted enough to become a factor. Understand, the reduced oscillation in the arrow will deliver the performance you desire as a target shooter or hunter. NuFletch will allow a heavier arrow to oscillate less, fly more efficiently and deliver the kinetic punch we desire as hunters down range where it is needed. ("I understand that all that have not shot this product do not believe what I say at this point") I too did not expect the arrow to perform well when I built the product... I was WRONG... NuFletch is a product that you have to shoot to understand. I have asked many people in the industry that hunt for a living to shoot the product in 2012 on film and see if it works for them. Please visit our website in the next week or so to hear from the folks that have shot the product. Also please look through the photo gallery to see the animals that don't like NuFletch at all :)...

NuFletch is new and what I want everyone to understand is: I know we all want to shoot more and fletch less. We want to be more accurate, travel around and not be bothered by vane damage and Lord knows we all want more penetration and harder hitting arrows down range. On a Saturday morning in my home state I sat in a tree one morning, I had already taken 7-8 deer with NuFletch and it was then it hit me... I looked over at my bow hanging on the tree next to me and I felt the freedom of knowing that I was free from fletching, I had an arrow that delivered punch, accuracy, performance and I could fix it instantly in the field.... DONE>>>

Price: yes it is pricy to build this product, I am focused to bring this price DOWN and I promise I will.... If you would like to try this product give me a call at our office and I will get you a sample to shoot for yourself... after all, as a bowhunter...I know you need to see to believe.... that's cool with me!

Thanks Ohio, hunt safe!
John

I got some questions John, How have you gone about making this claim? I would be interested in seeing this info. Also with arrow oscillation, are you saying a heavier arrow oscillates less as opposed to a now shorter thus stiffer spine arrow by adding this product to your arrow? I would also try using momentum instead of using kinetic energy when describing "extra punch"...the punch in which you describe is actually an energy "impulse" who's units related to momentum.

NuFletch1,
Welcome to TOO!

Thank you, for your reply and I hope to continue to see you here on this forum. :smiley_blink:
I'm currently shopping for some new arrows and your product is very interesting to me. I need to get a new dozen shafts and get started shooting again, as the 3D season is fast approaching.

Bowhunter57

NuFletch1

I got some questions John, How have you gone about making this claim? I would be interested in seeing this info. Also with arrow oscillation, are you saying a heavier arrow oscillates less as opposed to a now shorter thus stiffer spine arrow by adding this product to your arrow? I would also try using momentum instead of using kinetic energy when describing "extra punch"...the punch in which you describe is actually an energy "impulse" who's units related to momentum.

Good Questions, What we have found is not that a heavier arrows oscillates less, but an arrow fitted with a NuFletch oscillates less... because you have shortened the carbon and installed a rear insert and the aluminum ferrule of NuFletch.... the arrow will recover quicker than your normal longer carbon lacking the stiff spine. Slow motion video will be out shortly for all who are interested to review...

I like your point about kinetic energy... you are exactly correct... the added weight of the NuFletch give the arrow more mass which translates to more punch... the use of NuFletch allows the arrow to carry more weight efficiently to the target... thanks for the questions and I hope this helps...

NuFletch1

First off... I love the Chasin Tail print! priceless....

I definitely see from your comments you are against the NuFletch product... that is fine with us as we completely understand that not everyone will accept or entertain new ideas or products. Our product will not overtake the fletch market and we never started out to do so... we simply are offering a fine product that without doubt gives a person an option and advantages that have never been offered to the archer before. Our success and others that shoot NuFletch speaks truth about its performance. Again, I take my time and yours very seriously when it comes to what we enjoy. As stated before, price is an issue an I am working very hard to bring this down. I HATE the fact that our product is expensive... again we are new and production runs are low. As we move forward we will get our costs down and our goal is to provide you the best product we can at the very best price possible.... today that is not happening...but I am trying and will continue to work towards this goal. If you have some arrows you have busted an inch off or so, please consider taking me up on my offer to shoot a sample and see if what we offer does what we claim... you are welcome to come here and post your findings.... I notice you have thousands of posts and I have not read them all but feel sure you can share good information to others that enjoy what we do outdoors. I see this is a big gamble for me to offer this to you but I would not have invested my time, money and passion in a product that does not perform.... thanks for posting and I hope to send you some samples for your review.... Great hunting!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First off... I love the Chasin Tail print! priceless....

I definitely see from your comments you are against the NuFletch product... that is fine with us as we completely understand that not everyone will accept or entertain new ideas or products. Our product will not overtake the fletch market and we never started out to do so... we simply are offering a fine product that without doubt gives a person an option and advantages that have never been offered to the archer before. Our success and others that shoot NuFletch speaks truth about its performance. Again, I take my time and yours very seriously when it comes to what we enjoy. As stated before, price is an issue an I am working very hard to bring this down. I HATE the fact that our product is expensive... again we are new and production runs are low. As we move forward we will get our costs down and our goal is to provide you the best product we can at the very best price possible.... today that is not happening...but I am trying and will continue to work towards this goal. If you have some arrows you have busted an inch off or so, please consider taking me up on my offer to shoot a sample and see if what we offer does what we claim... you are welcome to come here and post your findings.... I notice you have thousands of posts and I have not read them all but feel sure you can share good information to others that enjoy what we do outdoors. I see this is a big gamble for me to offer this to you but I would not have invested my time, money and passion in a product that does not perform.... thanks for posting and I hope to send you some samples for your review.... Great hunting!

No offense here, NuFletch... But to me that statement makes absolutely no sense. You have produced a product which supposedly eliminates the need for conventional fletching, yet that is somehow not your goal. Your only competition in this market are the producers of conventional fletching products, yet you do not wish to overtake them in the market. I'm not sure I know of any successful entrepreneur that entered a market with "half-ass" intentions. I'm glad you are working to reduce the cost of this product... But I think you really need to rethink your business strategy. I personally don't have an interest in using the NuFletch system, but I do respect you for producing something "outside the box" and making an attempt to be successful. Good luck with it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Shoooowee. I've been in the hot seat a time or two with this group, NuFletch. Like all good sportsmen, they are skeptical. Hang with it. If you have a good product, they will prove it. Likewise, if you are just trying to make a sale...they will prove it.
Good luck!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Shoooowee. I've been in the hot seat a time or two with this group, NuFletch. Like all good sportsmen, they are skeptical. Hang with it. If you have a good product, they will prove it. Likewise, if you are just trying to make a sale...they will prove it.
Good luck!

Ditto what Brock said.. We're a logical crowd and really belong more as a Missouri site than Ohio (Show me state.. get it.. ha.. no.. ok..) With that being said don't take this banter as bashing. People here are logical and inquisitive and rarely do we have ideological fanboys. So they're going to need some convincing.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I too, would like to commend Nufletch for stepping in to speak about their products. While we might be a skeptical group, reaching out to your potential market to answer questions, and in general being available, goes a long way.

In regards to JBrown, I get what he is saying. Not every product is going to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes you offer a service that not everyone can offer. For example, I certainly don't expect every single one of our customers to use our parking lot sweeping services. Many are only interested in lawn service and snow services. That is fine. You take the section of the market interested in your services. Doesn't mean you don't have a desired product or service. It just means you realize you are not going to close every single sale. Let's face it, Blazers are darn nice and many of us are happy with them or even feathers. However, I am new to fletching my arrows and plenty of people are where I was just a couple months ago: Relying on someone else to fletch their arrows for them. I can see where NuFletch's product might be a good fit for some of these guys that don't want to mess with it.

Best of luck NuFletch. Thank you for taking the time with the TOO website. Stick around if you are hardcore about your hunting. Plenty of information, knowledge, and laughs on this website. Great group of people we have here. Welcome to TOO!