Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrow Fletcher

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Anyone fletching/refletching their own arrows? I have been using the Arizona EZ Fletch and it works alright...........But feel there is a better setup to be had for crossbow arrows. Any suggestions for a descent set up? I want something permanent as it will get much use.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Actually, I do arrows for about 6 people and there is about 150 or more here that could be done. I noticed veins here and there that come off a little too easy......I keep the EZ clean but it just doesn't seem to press em down like I'd like all the time.

I had a bohning tower jig which is a similar design..I has the same issue..You might check an see if bohning has any jigs on there website that might suit your needs..There doing 40% off jigs Thanksgiving til saturday an free shipping on orders over 50$ friday...I use a bohning helix blazer jig which only does 2inch vanes or smaller.it has its limits.But it works for what I do for me an a few buddies..What glue are you using??Could that be a issue?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've used about all of them....Fletch Tight, Gorilla Super Glue, Regular Super Glue, Instant fletching adhesive and 242? Loctite Super glue.....Could be that.....know of something better? Always willing to learn!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I loaned my arizona to redcloud, still havent got it back so he must like it too! I gave him my glue as well, I cant remeber what it is called but it works good. maybe he will chime in.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If you are going to be doing much fleecing then I recommend the Blitzenwhateveritscalled. I have one and it has no issues other than cost. For glue I like Goat Tiff and fletch tite. I don't use the gels.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i have used them all just about and the bitzenberger gets the most use.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Looking into all that now....Thanks! I've always used the straight on the Arizona....The Right Helical will be a good thing? I like to use the 2" blazer or bohning vanes..........

Last edited:
If you want a jig that will last longer then you will live..An you dont mind a bit of a learning curve And learning the set-up -figuring out your preferred setting etc.An you wanna spend the money the bitz would most likely be the way to go ..If your doing alot of arrows a Jo-jan multi-fletcher(6 arrows at once) might be something to consider as well..I currently use a Bohning Blazer helix jig..I use Predator dura-vanes with 3degree RH helical for hunting shafts..And blazer mini's with straight offset for my summer time shafts..I use wraps on all my arrows an I use the Loc-tite ultra gel with excellent results..I am considering a bitz to use for fletching feathers but i love my arrow wraps an wraps with feathers might be considered taboo :smiley_blackeye:...Just to give you a idea of what I use an works for me.