Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I'm goina miss opening day.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
For the first time in over 30 years I won't be deer hunting opening morning. However that don't mean I won't be out with a gun in hand. Got invited to go this weekend to Middle Bass island for a duck hunt. We'll drive up Saturday, hunt Sunday and Monday morning and come home Monday PM.

Had some mixed emotions about it when the offer first came up but as the time gets closer I'm really getting excited.

Anyway Tuesday morning the deer better watch out!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It would be different if you were just sitting around but the duck hunt is not something you don't get to do every day.

Enjoy Monday and have a safe trip there and back.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hell Sam, I wouldn't feel bad about that one bit if I were you. I'm sure you'll have some fast-paced action up there at the lake... Probably shoot half a dozen different species of ducks, or more. Good luck man. Make sure you take plenty of pics!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sounds good Sam, mixing it up and doing something differant might pay dividens for you..... Them deer will be there when you get back..... I have a feeling the ole TC will score again.....

Schu72

Streetsboro
This is my first time missing the gun opener in over 20 years. Not sure of the exact number, but its weird sitting at work.:smiley_depressive:

I'm certain you're giong to have better luck with the waterfowl, then you would deer hunting. The weather IS the determining factor, this year. I'd take a waterfowl hunt over the deer hunting, under the weather conditions...any day. Good luck!

Bowhunter57

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I thought there was lots of action, the other guys(all duck hunters) were a little disappointed. We shot a good bit, I shot about 2 1/2 boxes of shells to kill 6 or 7 ducks. I crippled 2 or 3 that dove when they hit the water, including a double first thing this AM :-( I'm not used to birds getting away if you hit them.

Anyways I just got off the phone with my deer huntin buddies and they killed 3 does. If the rain ain't too bad we'll give the deer hell tomorrow.