Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So who is hunting turkey day?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Me.. I'm off thurs, fri, sat and sunday... I'll prolly go out and do some hunting considering my closest family is ohhhhh 800 miles away. lmao Might head to a doe killing spot I have and see what I can't get done before these 15 dollar tags expire.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Me.. I'm off thurs, fri, sat and sunday... I'll prolly go out and do some hunting considering my closest family is ohhhhh 800 miles away. lmao Might head to a doe killing spot I have and see what I can't get done before these 15 dollar tags expire.

Hey joe, you can come up and have some grub and hunt with me Turkey day if you want to buddy.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The morning hunt on Thanksgiving has long been a favorite of mine, so I'll be out. Never had much luck on Thanksgiving morning, but I have seen some cool things. Had two coyotes almost run a doe right in to me one year on the way to the stand. One of the scariest/coolest moments I have ever had in the woods. Looks to be a decent day weather wise, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the hunt...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will be that evening. I am frying the turkey that morning. I will be in Warsaw so it is a good change of scenery.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I plan on doing a little Urban hunting at my wifes aunts house that evening. She has been getting a really big doe in her backyard on a consistent basis. Meat in the freezer time! backstraps for an evening snack LOL

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey joe, you can come up and have some grub and hunt with me Turkey day if you want to buddy.

No thanks... You don't have any deer either....

J/k man... I appreciate the offer man but I think I'm just gonna chill.. As for dinner a catholic church somewhere has to be serving dinner to the homeless. .. lmao

saddlepants

central Ohio
you know I might...moms been doing good by herself...Ken will be home with her..think I can get back in time to put the bird in the oven..its only a 12 pounder. I stepped out back for an hour yesterday mid-day while she was sleeping and it was a nice break but I didnt see anything of course.

Huckleberry Finn

Dang cottis wish you were closer! Gotta call my buddy today to see if he's running the dogs on Thanksgiving morning, we got rained out last year but I've got high hopes for this year. That's my favorite thing in the world.

Thanksgiving in the traditional sense is optional for me this year and at this point unless I get a heart in the next 2 days, I'm opting out! Gonna rabbit hunt in the morning, grill a backstrap with a beer for lunch, and then sit in my stand in the evening. That sounds like a hell of a lot to be thankful for.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
going to try to hit it Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. Guess that means I have some chores to finish up today. lol

huntn2

Hudson, OH
It is tradiition with the in-laws that we hit the woods in the morning so that is what I will be doing. I missed an 8 pt last year at about 10am on turkey day. Alphamax convienently killed him a few hundred yards away :)

Schu72

Streetsboro
Decided to stay in. Maybe I'll get out on Saturady or Sunday. I need to get a lock on one stand before gun season starts, so maybe I'll pull one last sit before Monday's opener.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I will be out thanksgiving morning till 11 or so, get home, take a shower, (don't think the family would like me setting there smelling like smoke), eat some bird and taters, and then football sitting in the recliner ( really I will probably be napping!), then back at it Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I TOO have the whole weekend off form Thursday on. So I am planning on being in the stand on Thursday morning. My main goal is to have a antlerless deer harvested so that I am not wasting that tag. I will have a young fellow from church joining me in the stand on Saturday morning. He needs some time to get his mind off things. He had a close friend commit suicide Sat. at the age of 15. Don't want to throw the thread off track, but it really makes you wonder what is going on in kids heads these days. If you remember just say a prayer for the family as they try and make it through the holiday season.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I am the turkey king every year. get up around 3 and get the smoker going so we can have smoked turkey in the afternoon. Gonna spend the evening getting clothes smoked and getting gear in the truck so I can hit it first thing friday morning.