Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Target practise...at night?

I've not done any night practising, at the target range. So, providing the target is illuminated and there's sufficient lighting at the bench...shouldn't everything else be the same?

My reason for posting the question, in the first place, is that I'm running into a time issue. I'm bowhunting during daylight hours and night hours is all that I have, until this weekend. Just wondered about night target practising. :smiley_confused_vra

Have you done any target practising at night?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is the same as long as you know for sure what is behind your target at all times. Muzzle flash can be an issue. I took a 3 gun class and portions of it was in the evening. The short barreled 12ga with "00" buck magnum loads were BRIGHT! My AR had a comp and it was difficult to reacquire the targets. All of my shots were fast fire under 50 yards though.

The background will be the usual dirt back-stop. Unless this shotgun performs exceptionally well (less than a 3" group) at 50 yards, I won't be shooting it beyond that distance. It's a 24" smoothbore barrel with a beaded rib and an I.C. choke, so I'm not holding my breath for high performance.

Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It should do just fine. I can shoot sluggers out of about any smoothbore and get 2" at 50 CTC if I do my part.