Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

European Skull Mounts

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Does anybody have any info on who may do these? Of course, I'm looking for someone fairly close to Jefferson County. I've called a few taxidermists here and they either don't do it or want way too much in my opinion. One guy wanted $150 to do it. Heck, I'll mount the whole thing for a little more.

Anyway, if anyone had any numbers or names of any Taxis that do these skull mounts can you pass on the info?

Derek j

Knox Co.
I boiled mine, then put it in peroxide ( hairstyling kind, not stuff at walmart). You can get the paste/gel style from beauty supply stores. Just brush it on, and you don't have to worry about it getting on the bases. Boiling is easy.....drop some dawn dish soap in the water to act as a de-greaser, then boil for a few hours. Change the water a few times, and you will be good to go. I boiled mine for about 6 hours, then scraped as much off as I could. Hose the brains and crap out of all the crevices, then put your peroxide on. I also spray some clear lacquer on the finished skull to protect it.

rossbows

I boiled mine, then put it in peroxide ( hairstyling kind, not stuff at walmart). You can get the paste/gel style from beauty supply stores. Just brush it on, and you don't have to worry about it getting on the bases. Boiling is easy.....drop some dawn dish soap in the water to act as a de-greaser, then boil for a few hours. Change the water a few times, and you will be good to go. I boiled mine for about 6 hours, then scraped as much off as I could. Hose the brains and crap out of all the crevices, then put your peroxide on. I also spray some clear lacquer on the finished skull to protect it.
That is the way we do them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Knight's Taxidermy in Clinton will do them for 80 bucks I think. I had him do one for me last year. He even took 25 bucks off since I gave him the cape to go with it. He uses the Dermestid beetles, and it turns out really well.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
I live in Utica about 15min. above Newark...................If anyone is interested in getting a european mount,I do them on the side $75 for the head to get cleaned, or $90 for a cleaned head and a wall mount or table display,if you have a big deer and have the deer caped out with a cape I want I will do it for $60,I have a oval panel and a Ohio shaped panel for the head to set on............. P.M. me for details