Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Double Uh Oh

matt hougan

Dayton area
Today Nathan my 12 year old was the man. We had three does come in. Momma leading the way. Nathan tried getting a bead on her as she past his his shooting lanes. He moved his aim into the meadow ahead of her and waited. She entered the meadow and went to turn away from us. A timely "hey" and she paused to look. The 1100 lt 20 roared and off her feet she went. 3/4 oz 20 ga slugs at 60 yards is tremendous power. She is a beautiful mature doe. We packed her back to camp and had a bite for lunch. We returned to the stand around 3pm. By 3:15 I was sound asleep. I opened my eyes at 4:00pm to see Nathan was turned around in the stand aiming his shotgun. I wispered "do you see a deer?" He replied "yes and its a buck" Sure enough a nice buck was standing downwind at 15 yards. Again the 20 I got in 1980 roared. He jumped kicking his back legs and shot down hill minus the use of his front left leg. I knew immediately Nathan made a spectacular shot and this deer was dead. Sure enough he piled up after a short downhill sprint of only 30 yards. It seeme that other than transportation he is fine on his own. I am needless to say very proud of the way he handled himself thse past two weekends. Pictures will follow.

matt hougan

Dayton area

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Wat to go Nathan!!! That's some good stuff right there. Great job getting him out there Matt. :smiley_clap:

Good thing you woke up from your nap before he touched off a shot at that buck!! That would've got the heart rate up in a hurry if you hadn't. :smiley_crocodile:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heck yeah! What an awesome day for the both of you! Congratulations to you guys on two fine deer in one day!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Just awsome matt! Its awsome that your gettin your kids out there and getting them on some deer, i cant imagine how greatful they are. Congrats to all of you guys! :smiley_coolpeace: