Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hummingbird Long Bows

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Anyone have an opinion on these? I have one offered to me in a trade deal. The only problem I see is the draw length. It is 26" and I believe I am 27.5" with a longbow. It has been a while. My compound draw length is 28.5-29" depending on loop length.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
good bows generally. there isn;t a "draw length" on a fiberglass bow per se. it will have a rating like 50@ 26..at your draw it would be around 55 pounds.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I used to see a lot of these at shoots, but only shot one. It was a nice shooting bow. Did you get it? If so, what is the length of the thing? With bows that actually use the limbs the fling the arrow, that is more important than is the stated draw length...that is just a measure for poundage, and 55 @26 is pretty stout. If it is a shorter version, like the 62, that last inch or two you want to draw could be really stiff.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Didn't end up doing the trade. Kinda regret not doing giving it more thought. I would like to get another longbow/recurve. I miss picking up a bow, pulling and using the ole' instincts.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Didn't end up doing the trade. Kinda regret not doing giving it more thought. I would like to get another longbow/recurve. I miss picking up a bow, pulling and using the ole' instincts.

Prob. like the weight TOO. My old Bear recurve must be 1/3 of the weight of my compound bow...