Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Thinkin about sellin or trading...

saddlepants

central Ohio
I have a Thompson Center Thunderhawk, wood stock, drilled and tapped for a scope muzzel loader. I love it but havent shot it in a few years and really dont seem to ever be as interested in going out that time of year since I started bow hunting several years back. But What I would like is a decent Varmint rifle for Yotes, That 100 lb me can shoot and stay standing? Pref something that doesnt cost a fortune to shoot. Anyone even slightly interested? Pics on my phone I can send.

Last edited:

saddlepants

central Ohio
LOL, Had to go ALLLLLLLL the way home from coshocton for tools cause ball puller wouldnt grab. had to open it up and pack powder in from behind, shoot it out and get back in the truck and haul our asses back. Turns out We found I had in fact wounded the buck (my first deer to shoot at ever) (short stand less than five foot jump Ida been riding on his back) (incredible case of first time buck fever) and found a blood trail that led over the property line to a gut pile. It wasnt that deer that caused the whole thing it was after we came back and decided to spot and stalk that we jumped up several does in all directions. I took a good aim at one whos dead zone was right between two trees when she froze. I missed of course I was shaking so bad and reloaded quick cause it was like a war zone with frozen deer on all four sides. We began to move in opposite directions and when I got to the bottom and wandered into the low scrub I heard a snort and looked up to a doe standin right in friggin front of me at like maybe ten feet?! It woulda been fun to watch me get my shit together and point and shoot (cause she didnt move) and all there was ...was cap. Like a little flag popped out of the end and said.."oopsi, Bang". Thats when I realized I forgot the powder in the rush earlier. It was my first hunt ever and although fast exciting and crazy it was sure a pisser after missing the buck, finding his guts and all that. That was the year it was like 70 deg during Muzzy season! Oh the memories. But I like the gun, I just dont use it. Its got a little Carbine feel to it.