Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sleepless night for Gordo

Gordo

Athens County
Had one of my shooters come in right before dark.

Broadside at 30 yard i touched off the release. Arrow impacted a touch low and right next to the crease of the shoulder.
Heres where it gets tricky. No pass threw. I could see the arrow sticking out as he bolted like a bat out of a hell. I could hear the arrow hitting every sapling as he reached the top of the hill. He stopped for about 10 seconds, then went over the hill.

Im hoping the opposite shoulder is what stopped the arrow from passing threw.

After sitting in the stand for 30 minutes i headed back to the truck to get my buddy and a better light.

Looked with him in the dark for about 30 minutes and didnt find anything. Too dark and only one flashlight.

Will b out at first light. Not expecting much blood since tge arrow didnt pass threw.

This shit drives me nuts.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A low hit is good though Gordo. Good move on backing out too. Goodluck and keep us posted. Bring bow, camcorder and camera tomorrow and take your time and record the tracking. You'll be glad you did. I've got a good vibe on this one! Goodluck!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you hit him where ya said he's dead not far from where you last saw him... Good luck man.. Been there last week...

Gordo

Athens County
I didnt find any blood/hair. Let the arrow fly and when i calmed down it was 5:18. By the time i got down it was getting dark quick.

I did check where i last saw him and didnt see anything. Im not sure if i was in the right spot.

Looking forward to daylight so i can connect all the dots.