Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just wanted to mention that.......

It feels like we live in the Great Plains, in stead of the foothills of Apalachia. In my treestand, I feel like I need a seat belt, instead of my safety harness. :smiley_depressive: The temps aren't so bad, but with the wind it nearly cuts you in half...especially if I'm hunting on the windward side of the woods.

It's more like the Great Pains, instead of the Great Plains. :smiley_arrogant: I don't wanna talk about it...it just ticks me off and I'm going to go anyway. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was gonna hunt the stand I hung and chickened out. There was only one tree in this spot and there was a widow maker in it. I had to hang or for dear life when I hung it! The tree I picked was right on top of a huge bed that was a frequent haunt for a buck. Kinda did a "bump and dump". Headed back before sunrise with a drag line down the edge of the CRP and plan to sit all day. I'm at the head of a thick creek bottom on the inside corner of the CRP. One shot to the edge of the CRP and plenty of chip shots in the creek below. Standing corn all around. Pretty excited to slip back in there tomorrow!!!

Hopping in a tree behind the rents now. Might pop a Dow if I get the chance...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was gonna hunt the stand I hung and chickened out. There was only one tree in this spot and there was a widow maker in it. I had to hang or for dear life when I hung it! The tree I picked was right on top of a huge bed that was a frequent haunt for a buck. Kinda did a "bump and dump". Headed back before sunrise with a drag line down the edge of the CRP and plan to sit all day. I'm at the head of a thick creek bottom on the inside corner of the CRP. One shot to the edge of the CRP and plenty of chip shots in the creek below. Standing corn all around. Pretty excited to slip back in there tomorrow!!!

Hopping in a tree behind the rents now. Might pop a Dow if I get the chance...

Really Jesse, REALLY?!