Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sombody should give a Class!!

saddlepants

central Ohio
One of you guys should help organize a class this summer. I will be the first to admit (if I have to) that I would relish a class on Compound bow archery. I would like to learn all this stuff I read from you and know nothing about. Terms like Brace height, tuning, Let down, etc plus understand more about sight adjustment and arrows and such. Im one to HAVE to know everything about everything when I shoot a weapon.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One of you guys should help organize a class this summer. I will be the first to admit (if I have to) that I would relish a class on Compound bow archery. I would like to learn all this stuff I read from you and know nothing about. Terms like Brace height, tuning, Let down, etc plus understand more about sight adjustment and arrows and such. Im one to HAVE to know everything about everything when I shoot a weapon.

Will beer be involved???? I don't shoot compounds anymore but I drink beer.... Does that count????? :smiley_crocodile:

saddlepants

central Ohio
Wow this sounds like an awsome Idea. I would really love to learn all the ins and outs of my bow - learn to shoot better - before I spend the big bucks on my dream bow!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
this nomination thing is for the birds....:smiley_blackeye:..let me get my bow press bought and we will see what shakes out...thanks Switchitter for the offer. may take you up on that..looks like arrah school is back on Jesse

saddlepants

central Ohio
We dont have to do it all at one time in one place - we could do things like a religion based group, lol, after all it is a religion is it not? meet at whoevers place is willing to have a class. Beer helps everything!!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
CJD and I would be glad to host but we are pretty far away from most of you and our work schedules are pretty werid working on a Rig.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Greg has a big back yard (with no trees) and a cool target...

Man, I am getting good at this nominating thing..

Yeah but GPS won't get you to my house, so just about everyone here would be lost trying to get there. Why don't we make it a central location like Cardinal and host us a TOO Arrah Skool/Bow TOOning workshop.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
ain't that the truth! I will say it was a bit of relief that I found out my cams were bad, and it wasn't just me (this time). I was probably a couple shots away from them blowing up in my face. They were cracked and bent something fierce. I thought what I did was techncially a dry fire in the spring since my arrow fell off the rest in mid shot, and I did not realize it til I hearda Very loud POW!!

I looked everything over and it seemed to be fine. I shot it all spring/summer until it got bad enough to send my arrows off into space. I am SOOO glad I did not sell it to a good friend of mine. I would have felt just awful. I am all fixed up now though. Just have to sight her in.