Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got me pumped for the weekend hunt!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Made a move with a cam last Thursday to try and get a better idea of where Big E is hanging out. Decided to check three cams tonight so I could get a gameplan going for my eight day hunt starting Friday. I finally got good video of him after he skirted several of my cameras making breif appearances. This video is from Tuesday morning at 7:46AM. Make sure and watch the whole thing, it's only 30 seconds. Also, it's worth noting that a doe had passed through the same area about 20 minutes before he came through with his nose to the ground. He was in there for half an hour sniffing around, along with a few other nice bucks later on that day.

[video=youtube;n7b78SvCCEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7b78SvCCEE[/video]

I am absolutely pumped to be sitting in a stand watching this creek bottom Friday morning. He may not pass through, but I expect to see plenty of action. Come on Friday!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That dude is a stud! He was on a serious mission! You don't see a mature buck that worked up too often!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good luck with that stud Greg, he's a dandy. That get my blood pumping right now, I cant wait for daylight hoping I see some action like that.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks fellas. I am heading out tonight after work to hang a stand for the morning. I know right where I wanna be, so I should be in and out in a half hour. Only thing that concerns me right now are the winds. Weather.com is saying winds out of the SSW, but being down in the creek bottom, it's hard to say what the winds might be doing.

epe

Lancaster
Thanks fellas. I am heading out tonight after work to hang a stand for the morning. I know right where I wanna be, so I should be in and out in a half hour. Only thing that concerns me right now are the winds. Weather.com is saying winds out of the SSW, but being down in the creek bottom, it's hard to say what the winds might be doing.

Ain't that the truth. Last time I hunted, the wind came out of three different directions in one morning ...