Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FoxPro Spitfire caller

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just wondering if anybody else is using this caller or have any input on it. I am thinking about picking one up in the next few weeks so I can get the yote on the run around here. Any input would be appreciated very much. Thanks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm all ears TOO. Dad was asking me about what I needed to kill yotes today. I think he's interested in hunting some, which is a shock to me...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That is what I have. It has seen some "warranty time". It has been back twice already. If you can get a decent deal on the next model up I would...

Huckleberry Finn

Good night, there's a ton of them. I plan on dedicating my time after Christmas-muzzleloader to chase them.

Beener is going to teach me the ropes, right Chuck?

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I have had a couple of the fox pro and the only draw back I have had with them is the remotes. The sheet of film over the buttons tends to crack if you use it much.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I've got one - like it - but can't give you any feedback on the yotes because I haven't had the opportunity to hunt it yet.
Works great on crows though.
Haven't had any maintenance issues, but again, mine doesn't have tons of use yet.
You can supposedly download and change sounds, but I think the limit is 24...so to put a new one on you gotta take one off....haven't tried it yet and it seems like kind of a hassle.
I think yours would get tons of use, and if you have patience, it is always good to save your $$$ and move up a model if possible.
But don't get me wrong - I'm happy with mine and like it.

J has one too

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think I'm going to upgrade to the FOXPRO® Wildfire Digital Game Caller with FOXBANG

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Works great sounds good but haven't had any yotes come too it yet.... have had a ton of crows come to of in my buddies back yard but can't shoot them because of the neighbors proximity lol... have had cats come in on the rabbit distress call lol....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I hope mine gets the yote to come in lol. The crow will be an added bonus. I seen last week in Mansfield while driving around for work large numbers of crow flying. I seen several murders of over 100+ birds. It was fuggin crazy and something I have never seen before in my life.

Come on mid December. Some yote need to die around here lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I hope mine gets the yote to come in lol. The crow will be an added bonus. I seen last week in Mansfield while driving around for work large numbers of crow flying. I seen several murders of over 100+ birds. It was fuggin crazy and something I have never seen before in my life.

Come on mid December. Some yote need to die around here lol.

Down on rte 70 in Cambridge there is a Wal Mart along the south side of the highway that the crows roost in the trees along the highway in the hundreds and sometimes it looks like the thousands.... the trees are full of them at night....

epe

Lancaster
Down on rte 70 in Cambridge there is a Wal Mart along the south side of the highway that the crows roost in the trees along the highway in the hundreds and sometimes it looks like the thousands.... the trees are full of them at night....
I have always wanted to hunt that parking lot ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Now I'm pissed off. This is the e-mail I recieved today after ordering the call yesterday.

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we have had an error in our inventory and do not have the caller you ordered in stock. I am very sorry for any inconvenience. We should get more in stock in the next couple weeks if you are still looking for one. I will also honor the price and give you free shipping if you come back to order with us. If you sign up to be notified on the product page we will email you as soon as we get some in stock. In the mean time I will cancel your order and refund your credit card charge. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Brent

Complete BS. How fuggin hard is it to count your shit. Really ?

epe

Lancaster
My house is over a crow flight path in the winter. One night I got bored and took my foxpro out front and turned it on when a lot were still flying over. Had about a hundred come and hover over and land in the trees, carrying on.Freaked the neighbor out. The pic was earlier in the night of them flying over.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322265604729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322265604729.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 191