Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gas Pipeline Explodes in Glouster

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We had something similar in Columbiana county earlier this year... first reported as one of our C-130's had crashed because we were flying in the area that night.... but it was a gas line.... lots of damage too the area but no injuries that I know of.... crazy shit with a flame that could be seen for miles....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Damn. That is some crazy stuff right there! That is the same line that runs through Milo's place...
is it? cause if it is we need to talk to them...that thing is fucked up major like. they repaired it 2 years ago.. there is some scary stuff in them there hills...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
is it? cause if it is we need to talk to them...that thing is fucked up major like. they repaired it 2 years ago.. there is some scary stuff in them there hills...

I'm almost positive it's an offshoot of this system. I'd have to double-check though. If you guys had a full title search done on the property prior to purchase, it will be listed in that under encumbrances...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
not sure but there is some stuff them boys need to be lookin at like pipelines 4 feet out of the ground. not sure they are the brightest bunch at times...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
not sure but there is some stuff them boys need to be lookin at like pipelines 4 feet out of the ground. not sure they are the brightest bunch at times...

Seen one in Wildcat hollow where a hillside created a washout across the lane.. 25 feet of exposed unsupported pipe.. Another time it looked to be ran just right on the ground. Prolly a 10 inch pipe i would say... Found another spot where it was leaking and you could smell it for 50 yards.. Called the number on the fence by the next valve... "Oh, yeah, we know, thanks for calling" That fugger had been leaking for a long while as trees and stuff around it were dead.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You should see them crazy bassturds that mow them right of ways...PLUM CRAZY!!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Holy crap, hope no one was killed...

So far only 1 was taken to the hospital for respiritory problems.

My govt teacher lives a few miles from this and got a phone call from his mom which lives approx 3 miles away from where it exploded. She said it sounded like a jet taking off, and her whole house was shaking like a crazy earthquake. This is 3 miles away..

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We had something similar in Columbiana county earlier this year... first reported as one of our C-130's had crashed because we were flying in the area that night.... but it was a gas line.... lots of damage too the area but no injuries that I know of.... crazy shit with a flame that could be seen for miles....

Yep, I seen it from my place. It was insane! And I'm in mid Jeff county. That was a loooonnggg way off.
(you are speaking of the one by Wellsville right?)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Go to KY and you will see them all run on top of the ground. Nothing uncommon. Not saying they shouldn't be inspected and kept safe, but I don't think it is all that rare.

In other breaking news, The Athens Messenger is on it's last leg. I see no other explanation as to why their reporter is self filming without a tripod or had his kid holding the camera while he was struggling to read the cue cards. That was some pathetic reporting.

Huckleberry Finn

In other breaking news, The Athens Messenger is on it's last leg. I see no other explanation as to why their reporter is self filming without a tripod or had his kid holding the camera while he was struggling to read the cue cards. That was some pathetic reporting.

That's actually the new thing. Have a reporter post or tweet a video instantly rather than edit it and delay the 'breaking news'. Welcome to the 21st Century Phil, this ain't Walter Cronkite anymore.

(And yes, media has no quality anymore)