Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rifle push gaining traction?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Can't read the link right now...

Isn't it to be able to use a pistol caliber in a rifle? If so, I don't see it making any real difference is success ratios.

Schu72

Streetsboro
The proposal submitted by BFA centers on pistol calibers, but the quotes from Tonk just indicate they are discussing the "topic".

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fuck no I don't support a mid-October muzzleloader season!!! And rifles? Really?!? It's already dangerous enough out there during orange army season!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
"There are good arguments on both sides of this issue, and I'm happy we are discussing this topic," Tonkovich said. "We have an obligation to go to the table. That's progress, frankly."

Really Tonk? Really???? Has anyone seen "the table" they came to with us hunters when the DNR decided to decimate the doe population?????? Anyone???

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thats funny JD...kinda.... anyone find it odd that you can shoot a rifle for nuisance execution permits but not in the general hunting season...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thats funny JD...kinda.... anyone find it odd that you can shoot a rifle for nuisance execution permits but not in the general hunting season...

I was given the excuse it was because that it is safer since fewer people are using them and rifles are more effective.

The PCR regulation has been in effect in Indiana for 4 years and with good results. Good results = no firearms accidents.

Since in-line ML have superior ballistics over slug guns, handguns and PCRs, I don't see the harm in allowing them. Most lever action rifles are pricey, so I don't see people running out and buying one. I wouldn't think there would be a surplus of hunters using PCRs, any more than there are handgun hunters.

Bowhunter57