Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kids Crossbow Question........

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have a buddy here on the Rig that wants to get a crossbow for his 7 year old son so that he can go bow hunting with Dad next fall. Dad said he can't find a crossbow that his 7 year old son can pull back with the 150 pound pull. My question is do any of you guys know of a youth crossbow that has a crank or a way his son can pull it back?

Thanking you in advance.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I shoot a compound so I don't know much about crossbows. I thought I read about a crossbow that has a crank on it but I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well one thing Jeff.... The kids only 7 and Dad or another adult will be with him for a while so they could draw it for him.....

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thats true about Dad pulling it back, hell I am just the messanger and trying to help the guy out. I will pass this along. Thanks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Legally, he can't hunt alone until he is 16 anyways right? He'll be able to pull that back long before then. My cousin was 9 when he could cock his 150 pounder and he's no physical specimen! :smiley_crocodile:

Don't know much about crossbows, but what about this handle and rope cocking aids?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well one thing Jeff.... The kids only 7 and Dad or another adult will be with him for a while so they could draw it for him.....

Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Ddddaaaaaadddddddd!
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
thank you
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Ddddaaaaaadddddddd!
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
thank you
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad
Cock this for me Dad

Here hold my beer son...... :smiley_clap:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
If the adult has problems the rope aid will solve it.
All that can be said I think has been said.
Other than I hope your buddy gets the kid out and has good luck.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
RD,

I just got to reading this. Everything that has been mentioned is good advice. I have a youth horton crossbow for my son and it is 125lb pull. There is no way I would allow a 7 year old to be responsible enough to shoot one by himself. They are a deadly weapon for sure. They do make a cranking device for them but I would make sure his dad is right there with him when shooting it.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I have the little rope aid and its great although a little long and Im 5,3. so it might be too long for someone shorter. It fits in my pocket though and is much less bulk. I have a horton HAWK SL with a red dot thats deadly accurate and the stock had a removable butt that reduced it by about and inch and a half. Perfect for a smaller person. I used it without removing but like it better now its shorter - esp in heavy clothes. Of Course you can go all out and get that new bow with the CO2 push button cock built in <lol!!