Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Avaitar follow up picts

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I know there has to be someone else out there that would find this interesting for a few minuets besides me. This is the cap of the deer I use for my avatar. The only sign of damage I see is from my knife. When I arrowed him in 2005 at 20ish yards, he was facing away from me. I thought he had broke the other side off picking a fight with someone. I only discovered the other antler growing over his eye when I rolled him over at recovery.

Hay. He still was walking past me with his good eye when I arrowed him. lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I did always wonder what in the hell was going on in your avatar! Thanks for sharing this.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've read lots of things can cause it right down too damaged testicles...... OUCH!!!! Gotta make sure you clear the fence when attempted rotflmao

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Do you think they would have grown properly next season or would that "acorning" have cause the same odd growth every year?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hard to say. Probably would have grown something funky again next year. But hard to say if it would have dropped down like that again.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If an injury caused it then he may have had a semi normal rack the following year but I'm thinking he probably wouldn't have been much better then what you see just maybe a little straighter..... when I get more time I'll fill you in on a buck my buddy killed a few years back..... still makes me cringe when I think about it.....