Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IN Buck down....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well after a long week in IN with multiple shot opps I finally let an arrow fly. I passed a 130" 8pt opening morning around 10 am and saw 9 different bucks that morning, including a 150" 8pt we call the Mag 8. He was doggin 6 does and I snort wheezed and he broke off and headed my way. Unfortuanely there was a giant pond between me and him and he stood on the other side pacing back and forth and couldnt get across without walking a long ways.
This is the 10am pass buck:

I got great video and passed him at 15 yards under my stand. Filmed him for 10 mins.

Saw several good bucks in the 120's the next few days, and then had a 140" 10pt step out at last light on Weds. night and couldnt get a shot. Friday morning I passed the buck I ended up shooting and several 120's. Did an all day sit and around 5:20 I had a buck cruise the fenceline to the west of me and then turn and head straight for me. I thought he was mid 30's easy and decided to kill him since it was my 2nd to last day. He came into 25 yards and I double lunged him. He only ran about 80 yards before crashing and then I realized it was the same buck I passed that morning and he was only a 3.5 yr old. Hes still a beautiful deer but would of been a stud 4.5 yr old. Either way here he is.... right at 130" as a 9pt.