Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

So far Today

Diablo54

Outside
Around 8 i heard a few long grunts behind me. I stood up and could see the doe at 60 yards. I just caught a glimpse of his rack before the buck chased her down the hill. I sat down and 20 min later i could see a 120 8 pt cruising through looking for does. He dissapeared but came back on a shelf below me at 50 yds. A few seconds later a doe popped over the hill. With a buck in tow. I figured it was him so i payed no attention to the rack. Then i noticed a second buck behind him. The doe bedded down at 50 yds while the biggun hovered over her making sure the 8 didnt come near. The 8 tried to move a few feet closer but the biggun wanted none of it so he postured up wheezed and grunted. The 8 bedded. After 10 min the 8 decided to find his own doe and he took off. A yote just slipped past the buck and doe while i was typing. They are bedded dead down wind at 50 yds wish me luck!

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Saw a doe chasing a 125" buck. What's that mean? I think something spooked them, but it was still funny to see

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just pole axed two squirrels within 2 minutes of one another! Had a big grey come in and start barking, so I busted him with the G5 SGH at 19 yards. Then here comes a big red right behind him. He stops at 21 yards to pay his last respects to his dead buddy 5' away and eats a field point through the chest!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just pole axed two squirrels within 2 minutes of one another! Had a big grey come in and start barking, so I busted him with the G5 SGH at 19 yards. Then here comes a big red right behind him. He stops at 21 yards to pay his last respects to his dead buddy 5' away and eats a field point through the chest!

Are you and UK having a squirrel contest?:smiley_blackeye:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dag Diablo, I know I'm late in catching up with threads and such but you had a great hunt on this day! Keep at it and Goodluck! Those does will keep them bigguns around or in that general area.