Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frusturated

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm just frustrated. You think you're in your best spot on the property you hunt and sit diligently for the full 12 hours and then only see one deer. You can just imagine seeing bucks cruising the area all day. I try to read and listen and learn, but it's days like this that tell me I'm not so good at this game. Here's the small 8 I was going to shoot. I just needed him to take one step past the tree blocking his vitals and then...it's all good, wasn't his time yet.
[video=youtube;gccFGK6DKy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gccFGK6DKy4[/video]

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
you guys need to remember that deer movement slows down some because they are bedding and herding up the estrous does. until they are bred they don't move much. after that its like beagles on rabbits. They will move you just have to put in your time when they come through.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
looks awful familiar, had the same situation last night. Grunted a good 10 point in from a cut corn field. was at full drw with him inside 20 yards of me, all i needed him to do was take a coupkle more steps out from behind a tree.... the wind switched, he caught my scent and off he goes. This was after sitting what i considered a great spot all day and only seeing a doe and a smaller buck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only takes a moment to change a whole season. Hang in there Mike. I was feeling the same yesterday when out of the blue popped up a stud. Never got a shot opportunity, but it made me forget about the times I was in the stand shivering yesterday with no deer to be seen!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
but it made me forget about the times I was in the stand shivering yesterday with no deer to be seen!

true dat!

I was ready to throw in the towel yesterday, asking myself, why do I do this? sitting here freezing all day on a day off no doubt. last night after the encounter with the big boy The fire was stoked back up.
Had to work on my furnace this morning but I am headed back out in a bit. gonna kill me something.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm only out because I don't have anything better to do. Brought some food and a book today. I'm more or less here to chill. Don't expect to see anything since the rut is a myth and deer don't exist in Washington County...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
The boy and I will be going out this evening in the ladder stand. I haven't been to this woods in a week and 1/2 and I heard the corn is down.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm only out because I don't have anything better to do. Brought some food and a book today. I'm more or less here to chill. Don't expect to see anything since the rut is a myth and deer don't exist in Washington County...

You're such a Debbie Downer...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It has nothing to do with anyone "sucking". Deer do this. They don't move much at times, this is one of those times. They didn't leave the planet, they just aren't moving. I was lucky enough to hunt a piece of private ground in Buffalo Co., WI a couple of years ago that probably had more deer per sq mile than any place I have ever been. The first few days there were deer crawling all over the place, it was awesome. The last couple of days I was there, I couldn't hardly buy a sighting. The last morning, I killed a nice buck...I had only seen a button before shooting my deer. I think I shot him around 11 a.m. Those deer hadn't left, and I knew I had selected a good spot, but I still wasn't seeing much....and I was in the most famous county in the world for deer hunting! Hang with it guys, they will show up!