Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shots

epe

Lancaster
I have a couple tatoos, have broken many a bone, tore my acl this summer, been bit by animals all no big deal. But to get a damn shot freaks me the hell out. Waiting to get a flu shot, acting like a little kid. Do shots freak anyone else out?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
No, I don't get flu shots - they're not needed for the healthy, and frankly, anything the government encourages me to do makes me suspicious.

However, I do give blood and when I do I love it. Kinda an adrenaline rush I suppose. I like to see how fast I can fill the bag up.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yeah I am like Schu. I will speak of all the things that could go wrong, talk about others fainting or puking. Just to get them to think about it. lol That is wrong but fun.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The ultimate trust is when you go to a blood mobile to donate and it's your wife doing the drawing..... My wife use to work for the red cross and a few other blood donation places.... People would always say you going to let her stick you and I would say why not? If she wanted to hurt me she'd make off with my money not some little needle.....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Show me a needle and even talk about giving blood and you better get the smelling salts ready for me......can't stand that stuff! Cuts, blood, giving blood, shots, etc.....you can bank on me getting queasy.

I can gut and butcher any animal or fish, but when it comes to humans that's where the line is drawn.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing bothers me but the sound of someone chewing food. Fuggin' grossed damned thing in the world and the only way to make me queasy unless I'm hung over! I've been with Tracie for nearly 9 years now and I was there for her learning to draw blood. But she has never stuck me with a needle and never will unless we're in a hospital! I'm no pin cushion for the sake of practice!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The only thing that bothers me is seeing something on a TV documentry showing brain surgery or boring a hole in the old cranium.... just bugs the hell out of me..... Watch them bore holes in a guys head for experimental surgery for parkinsons (sp) guy was awake and just numbed up and they froze parts of his brain to limit the tremors that he had, which were severe but as they froze the tremors decreased almost too non-existant..... wild stuff but freaky as hell.....

Huckleberry Finn

Yea I'm with Gern...I don't like shots. I've given blood 3 times but I've had 2 bad experiences and prolly won't do it again.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea I'm with Gern...I don't like shots. I've given blood 3 times but I've had 2 bad experiences and prolly won't do it again.

My wife had a saying... The bigger they are the more they shit their pants!!!!! She used too do draws during homecoming week at OSU and there was a competiton between OSU and Mishitgan and all the football players and staff would donate too see who got he most pints.... Just a OSU/Mishitgan rivalry thing.... Well seems half the big strong jocks would pass out and lose bodily functions..... Enough said.... I've donated neumerous times until we were activated and started too go too Countries that are on their no-no lists.... After years of donating they told me I had spent too much time in Europe and with mad cow disease I couldn't donate.... What about the last 10 years???? lol.... Anyway I'm on a do not use my blood list for at least another 5 years hahaha....

Huckleberry Finn

I wouldn't get a flu shot anyways, they don't actually prevent the flu, just are supposed to decrease the amount of time you are sick...good for the old I suppose

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So you wouldn't of been able to see me tear my acl this spring jumping for a ball? Come on, it was great! ;)

Nope! Been down the knee and ankle injury route, can't see it! You should see the video of my concussion. I had the worst grade concussion you can get along with whiplash when I was a sophomore in HS. QB short armed the ball and I dove to catch it, racking my brains off the defenders leg and slamming my head off the ground. Lost 10 hours of my life I have never got back that day. Most people can't watch it, but I could watch it a 1,000 times. I always think something will come back, but I'm blank from 2-3PM until midnight...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well don't join the Military then.... Shots out the wazoo.... Flu shot is just the tip of the iceberg..... rotflmao

epe

Lancaster
I wouldn't get a flu shot anyways, they don't actually prevent the flu, just are supposed to decrease the amount of time you are sick...good for the old I suppose

First time I have gotten one. I have asthma, so when I get a cough, it Kills me.. Figured it would be worth a shot.

twireman

Kingston, OH
My wifes a Veterinarian but she's allergic to cat dander....I give her a shot once a week...i'm an RN so i don't give a crap about it....she always bitches cause it's sore haha.