Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good day to bust some lung

lung buster

hocking county
My luck finally changed today. This year has been a struggle. This season in my area reminds me of the 2009-2010. There are very few acorns and hunting in an area where there are no fields makes for some tough hunting in times like these. I got in the stand this morning and around 7:30 a doe came running up the hill with a buck following. It was the 10 point that I've got several pics of. They come by at 30 yds and I can't get a shot. He pushes her on by and here came a 6 pointer following them. All was quiet after that until around 10:00 when another buck came by on my left chasing another doe. After that I had to get down, (had to get ready for work.) I make it about 50 yds from my stand and I stop to check out some fresh rubs. All of the sudden I hear something coming out of the thicket that I had just came out of and I see antlers coming right for me. Immediately I dropped to one knee and slowly knock a arrow. The buck is now 30 yds and coming right at me with his nose on the ground. When he went behind a big oak I drew and when he stopped he was 10 ft from me, yes I said 10 ft!!! I hit him right behind the shoulder and he ran 50 yds and died right at my treestand, lol. I stood up and couldn't believe what had just happened. Still can't for that matter!!! Although he is not the big 10 ten, I was pround to put my tag on him. I have never killed one from the ground with a bow and never that close. He is an 8 pointer. Pics will have to come later as I left the camera at home. Do have some cell pics but I'm not sure how to post them.

Huckleberry Finn

Congrats, I love that wide rack!

lung busters buck 2011.jpg

lung buster

hocking county
Way to go team mate! Your little girl looks tickled....awesome.
She was tickled alright. That girl is going to be a hunting fool! She absolutely loves going squirrel hunting with me. You should of seen my boy ( who will be after his first deer next weekend) when I stopped by the school to get him outta class to show him. He came walking towards the office with a crap, what did I do look on his face. Then he seen me in camo and came running with a big smile and said I knew you would get one today. I would give anything for him to get a shot at that 10 point next weekend!!

lung buster

hocking county
Nice one! I love that your kids are always in your pics. Congrats again on the harvest.
Thanks. I love seeing them get as excited as I do. Its in their blood and I'm going to do my part to pass it on, just like my dad did with me. I'm sure you all can relate.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Heck YEAH!!!! That's awesome LB. And a great story, too! I would love to take one from the ground, just haven't been in the right place at the right time yet! CONGRATS!
:smiley_clap::smiley_clap::smiley_clap: